posted to rec.boats.paddle.touring

Default paddling in Adirondacks

Hi
We (two couples) are planning 3-4 days kayak trip for July 4th. 35-45
miles of paddling sounds adequate (depends on number of portages). We
are experienced and reasonably fit. The kayaks are foldable (slower
than plastic touring ones).
We live in Boston area. The nearest place to go I have found so far is
Adirondacks (initially we considered Allagash, but it's too far).
I emailed three outfitters in the area - they have not responded. (
There is some info online, but not enough (I probably have not looked
hard enough).
Any advice/suggestion will be appreciated (route, car-related
logistics, camping, etc).

Thanks!
Michael
P.S.: Can you please CC your post to (remove 23)?

posted to rec.boats.paddle.touring

Have you tried St. Regis Canoe Outfitters? www.canoeoutfitters.com/
. I've rented from Dave and taken courses along with him and enjoyed

both experiences. Good gear, good directions, great food.

Steve