Default Ship - MORGENSTOND I I 7-16a.jpg

New guy passing through in July on her way to Baltimore, just before a
thunderstorm rolled in .

Attached Thumbnails
Ship - MORGENSTOND  I I  7-16a.jpg-ship-morgenstond-i-i-7-16a.jpg

On Sat, 22 Oct 2016 13:30:22 -0400, Canal Lee wrote:

New guy passing through in July on her way to Baltimore, just before a
thunderstorm rolled in .

She came up the Seaway to unload in Ogdensburg NY at the end of June.
Headed back down on July 11. Now we know where she went next.

Steve

---

On Wed, 26 Oct 2016 22:57:43 -0400, Steve
wrote:

On Sat, 22 Oct 2016 13:30:22 -0400, Canal Lee wrote:

New guy passing through in July on her way to Baltimore, just before a
thunderstorm rolled in .

She came up the Seaway to unload in Ogdensburg NY at the end of June.
Headed back down on July 11. Now we know where she went next.

Steve

---

Interesting . She is has not been back this way since July .
The cranes look stark .

On Tue, 01 Nov 2016 19:21:09 -0400, Canal Lee wrote:

Interesting . She is has not been back this way since July .
The cranes look stark .

These salties get around (the world). Marine Traffic shows the ship
off the Ivory Coast yesterday morning.

(She's the former Clipper Aurora, so you have to search by that name
on Marine Traffic.)

Steve

---

On Wed, 02 Nov 2016 17:33:59 -0400, Steve
wrote:

On Tue, 01 Nov 2016 19:21:09 -0400, Canal Lee wrote:

Interesting . She is has not been back this way since July .
The cranes look stark .

These salties get around (the world). Marine Traffic shows the ship
off the Ivory Coast yesterday morning.

(She's the former Clipper Aurora, so you have to search by that name
on Marine Traffic.)

Steve

---

Interesting ! Have not seen any Clipper ships through here in quite a
while . Maybe they sold out to another company . Most of the Clippers
that I remember were older and bigger . This must have been one
of their newest boats .

wrote:

On Tue, 01 Nov 2016 19:21:09 -0400, Canal Lee wrote:

Interesting . She is has not been back this way since July .
The cranes look stark .

These salties get around (the world). Marine Traffic shows the ship
off the Ivory Coast yesterday morning.

(She's the former Clipper Aurora, so you have to search by that name
on Marine Traffic.)

Steve

---

Interesting ! Have not seen any Clipper ships through here in quite a
while . Maybe they sold out to another company . Most of the Clippers
that I remember were older and bigger . This must have been one
of their newest boats .

Morgenstond II appears on the Wagenborg site now. But Clipper Group
seems to have an active web-site.

The "Circle D" logo on the nose is what is called a house flag, and
often represents the owners of the ship. So could have been leased to
Clipper, and when the lease expired Wagenborg picked it up.

Steve

---