Don ßailey

Default You know, it is really aggravating....

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
news

....when I check the newsgroup messages and it says, downloading up to
1,246,321 messages...... and I end up with NO messages.

I guess that is what is left after all of the republicans suck,
democrats suck, OT-, liberals suck, conservatives suck, unions rock,
unions suck, threads and newsgroup vandals are filtered out.

Now, I know it is getting colder, but isn't anybody still boating or
interested in boating?

Im hoping to do a little boating/fishing...assuming I don't find a major
pine
tree across my bow when I get there.

I wish I knew when I could get there.

sigh

db

PS
And yeah, it IS worth it, gives me the same feeling that taking out
yesterdays shrimp to the garbage can does....

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Southport, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/cavern/

Homepage
http://www.southharbourvillage.com/directions.asp Where

Southport,NC is located.
http://www.southharbourvillage.com/autoupdater.htm Real Time Pictures

at My Marina
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats Rec.boats

at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide

Sandy K.

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
news

....when I check the newsgroup messages and it says, downloading up to
1,246,321 messages...... and I end up with NO messages.

I guess that is what is left after all of the republicans suck,
democrats suck, OT-, liberals suck, conservatives suck, unions rock,
unions suck, threads and newsgroup vandals are filtered out.

Now, I know it is getting colder, but isn't anybody still boating or
interested in boating?

PS
And yeah, it IS worth it, gives me the same feeling that taking out
yesterdays shrimp to the garbage can does....

--

I plan on heading out into the North Atlantic to do some fishing on
Sunday......

Sandy K.

JR North

Been out on Puget Sound the last 2 weekends- next weekend
it's 3 days in the San Juans(weather permitting), boat
camping. And Gould's GPS nums, of course. Maybe I can spray
paint my name on a rock there..
JR

Gene Kearns wrote:

[...]

Remove X to reply

Don ßailey

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 12:24:26 -0400, "Don ßailey"
wrote:

[...]

I saw one small pine tree that had fallen... didn't break, just pulled
the root ball over. They didn't even close the bridge. Power was out
for about 45 mins....

You'll be fine! .... just find the time....

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Southport, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/cavern/

Homepage
http://www.southharbourvillage.com/directions.asp Where

Southport,NC is located.
http://www.southharbourvillage.com/autoupdater.htm Real Time Pictures

at My Marina
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats Rec.boats

at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide

NetSock

Gene,

Use your newsreaders killfile and/or rules function.

In Outlook, just simply highlight the offending message, click on "Message"
from the tool bar, and click "Block sender". As a bonus, Outlook will also
delete all existing messages from that user as well, and from that point you
will never hear from them again...ever!

Under the same tool bar, you can also set up "rules". Here you can put
key-words to ignore in the headers, such as "OT, Bush, republican, democrat,
war, ect". Any messages appearing with those words in the header, will be
deleted before you even see them!

I have found after killfiling about the 25 biggest abusers, and using the
key-word function, I get about 99% boating related messages only!

And I still collect about a couple hundred messages a day...give it a try,
and good luck.

[...]

Garth Almgren

Roughly 9/24/2003 8:13 PM, Insomniac wrote:

Sigh...I want to get up there again but too much back-to-school stuff going
on. We might make a quick trip over to Blake Island this weekend.

Several PNW folks here, huh?

Sadly, between summer classes, work, replacing the transom of my
Glastron, and various ignition and transmission problems with the Chris,
the farthest out on the water my family and I have gotten this summer is
not far at all. Only to Hat Is. off Everett once for a day trip and a
couple crabbing & salmon trips. sigh also At least we got some fish in
the freezer.

"JR North" wrote in message

Been out on Puget Sound the last 2 weekends- next weekend
it's 3 days in the San Juans(weather permitting), boat
camping. And Gould's GPS nums, of course. Maybe I can spray
paint my name on a rock there..
JR

--
~/Garth
Almgren
*******
(To e-mail me, look in a mirror)

Jack Redington

noah wrote:
On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 11:48:50 -0400, Gene Kearns
wrote:

....when I check the newsgroup messages and it says, downloading up to
1,246,321 messages...... and I end up with NO messages.

I guess that is what is left after all of the republicans suck,
democrats suck, OT-, liberals suck, conservatives suck, unions rock,
unions suck, threads and newsgroup vandals are filtered out.

Now, I know it is getting colder, but isn't anybody still boating or
interested in boating?

PS
And yeah, it IS worth it, gives me the same feeling that taking out
yesterdays shrimp to the garbage can does....

I'm still boating, Gene. Not big boats, but messing with my jon boat.
Goose hunting, with duck hunting coming up. My 9.9 needs an overhaul,
starting to miss a bit, and doesn't idle well. I'll do that over the
winter. I'll switch to the 4hp soon, it's lighter. When I'm dragging
boat, motor, decoys, guns, etc. through the mud, it's easier.

Wish we had shrimp up here, I'd be on-'em like a lab on ducks!

Leaves have started to turn here, and the nights are in the low
forties. I can't decide if I love this season more, or Spring. Life
ebbs, and flows, like the tides, and for a little while, we are part
of it. Might as well sit back (or not), relax (or not), and enjoy it.

That jon boat was lighter ten years ago, though. )
If I ever die of a heart attack, I hope I'm dragging that damned boat
at the time...
Regards,
...carry on.
noah

To email me, please remove the "FISH" from the net.

Like Noah I was out last weekend in a small fishing boat. I have been
fishing not hunting. Mine is a little 14 footer alunimun fishing boat a
7.5 hp merc. Works great in the ga mountains.

But I will be heading out today in the cuddy to take the kids fishing,
and swimming if it gets warm enought.

Capt Jack R..