Greg

Default Black Discharge Flushing Mercruiser

Hi

I'm very new to boating (bought my first boat on Friday!) but have been
learning a lot by going through the archives of this list - a fabulous
resource.

Anyway, onto my question.....after I used my boat for 6 hours in salt water
on Saturday, I took it home and flushed the Mercruiser (V6 - 190 HP Alpha 1)
with fresh water and was a litte surprised to see that the pool of water
that sitting under the leg had a very thin black substance floating on the
surface of it. It didn't smell or feel like oil or fuel and it seemed to
become less apparent after 15 minutes of flushing but did not disappear
all-together.

Do you think this just burnt fuel or am I going to get to be getting more
familiar with the bottom of my wallet?

Thanks

Greg