Default Arrived in Horta

We've made it to the Azores at last. 17 or 18 days with some days of
high winds and high seas. Got in last night and hit Pete's Sports Bar
for some well earned beer. We broke a few things along the way so we'll
be repairing sails, boom fittings, canvas stuff etc before heading
Eastward again to Lagos. Apart from cuts and bruises, all are well and
in good spirits.

On Sun, 03 Jun 2012 11:04:11 +0000, injipoint
wrote:

We've made it to the Azores at last. 17 or 18 days with some days of
high winds and high seas. Got in last night and hit Pete's Sports Bar
for some well earned beer. We broke a few things along the way so we'll
be repairing sails, boom fittings, canvas stuff etc before heading
Eastward again to Lagos. Apart from cuts and bruises, all are well and
in good spirits.

====

Glad to hear that all is well. I've been watching the weather models
with some concern as those big low pressure systems were chasing you
across. It looks like the winds were from a favorable direction
however, mostly SW, which is always a good thing.

wrote:

We've made it to the Azores at last. 17 or 18 days with some days of
high winds and high seas. Got in last night and hit Pete's Sports Bar
for some well earned beer. We broke a few things along the way so we'll
be repairing sails, boom fittings, canvas stuff etc before heading
Eastward again to Lagos. Apart from cuts and bruises, all are well and
in good spirits.

So how was the beer?

--
Vic

On 2012-06-03, injipoint wrote:
We've made it to the Azores at last. 17 or 18 days with some days of
high winds and high seas. Got in last night and hit Pete's Sports Bar
for some well earned beer. We broke a few things along the way so we'll
be repairing sails, boom fittings, canvas stuff etc before heading
Eastward again to Lagos. Apart from cuts and bruises, all are well and
in good spirits.

Well done. Carry on being safe. Anything you replace,
replace with slightly higher spec.

Justin.

wrote:

We've made it to the Azores at last. 17 or 18 days with some days of
high winds and high seas. Got in last night and hit Pete's Sports Bar
for some well earned beer. We broke a few things along the way so we'll
be repairing sails, boom fittings, canvas stuff etc before heading
Eastward again to Lagos. Apart from cuts and bruises, all are well and
in good spirits.

So how was the beer?

Local beer is called Sagres. It's ok and damn cheap compared to Bermuda
and Bahamas beer. I'll review it on my Beer Tour Of The World section
of the blog.

On 2012-06-03, wrote:
We've made it to the Azores at last. 17 or 18 days with some days of
high winds and high seas. Got in last night and hit Pete's Sports Bar
for some well earned beer. We broke a few things along the way so we'll
be repairing sails, boom fittings, canvas stuff etc before heading
Eastward again to Lagos. Apart from cuts and bruises, all are well and
in good spirits.

Well done. Carry on being safe. Anything you replace,
replace with slightly higher spec.

Justin.

Hadn't thought of that, but it makes sense. And we are "Common Sense"
after all.

Finally arrived... Short Wave Sportfishing General 46 July 22nd 08 04:10 PM
Dinner has arrived Eisboch General 29 February 9th 08 04:41 PM
The Troll has arrived Sunk General 12 December 30th 07 01:24 PM
Spring has arrived. RCE General 0 March 22nd 06 02:04 AM
This arrived in my inbox! Capt.American ASA 1 August 27th 03 05:45 AM