Meindert Sprang

Default Looking for free boat plans...

"Miljenko" wrote in message
Hello,

I would like to build a 9 meters motor boat with round form in WEST
technology in which I am experienced on small boat (6mtr). Diagonal strip
lines of plywood should be used with epoxy and finaly laminated with

rowing.
Inboard motor is prepaired Mercedes 300D with 90PS. Form should be
displacement/semidisplacement with speed aproximately 10 knots cruising

and
12 knots max.. I found od www.tadroberts.com something for studing White
pine, Douglas fir and Yellow cedar, nice forms but still to far from good
plan to start bulding.
So, if you got free plans or good site please notice me.

I don't get it. You want to build a 9 meter boat, which will cost you
several thousands of euros or dollars, but you want free plans???

Meindert

Stephen Baker

Meindert says:

I don't get it. You want to build a 9 meter boat, which will cost you
several thousands of euros or dollars, but you want free plans???

There are too many people out there who have not hoisted in the fact that you
get what you pay for. ;-)

Although I am biased....

Steve
Stephen C. Baker - Yacht Designer
http://members.aol.com/SailDesign/pr...cbweb/home.htm
Meindert Sprang

"Miljenko" wrote in message
Thanks to God, out there is still enought people who will help me to build
this boat with tehnical help and their experience. You are not this kind

of
man so "Good Bye".
Miljenko.

This is not a matter of not wanting to help someone. This is about decent
plans and the price you pay for it. If you want to build a 8 ft or 2 meter
dinghy, there are quite a few free plans out there on the net. And such a
desing would alse make a free plan viable. you can build a plywood dinghy
for a few tens of bucks worth of plywood. However, building a 9 meter boats
is quite different. First, I think you don't find any free plans for that,
and second, like I said before, the price of a decent set of plans is small
compared to the price you end up paying for the materials of the entire
boat. I mean, you can find a decent plan for a 9 meter motorboat for $150
(Woodenboat plan 53, a 32' power cruiser from Eldredge-McInnis). That might
be just 1% of the total cost of building the boat.

Meindert

William R. Watt

have you tried searchidg the Internet for "cold moulding" or "cold
molding" (the latter is the Amercian spelling) since that is the type of
construction you've chosen? also "cold moulded"

"Miljenko" ) writes:
Hello,

I would like to build a 9 meters motor boat with round form in WEST
technology in which I am experienced on small boat (6mtr). Diagonal strip
lines of plywood should be used with epoxy and finaly laminated with rowing.
Inboard motor is prepaired Mercedes 300D with 90PS. Form should be
displacement/semidisplacement with speed aproximately 10 knots cruising and
12 knots max.. I found od www.tadroberts.com something for studing White
pine, Douglas fir and Yellow cedar, nice forms but still to far from good
plan to start bulding.
So, if you got free plans or good site please notice me.
Thanks.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm
Meindert Sprang

"Miljenko" wrote in message

That is true, price for plans is not too high but I do not need complete
plans for external and internal works and dimensions of all parts, just

hull
form, which is better than many free "boxes" sold as boat. I alredy have
some good forms and get some by my self by measuring few Croatian
traditional boat (very good boats) but I want see and study how to improve
this forms.

In that case, take a look at the three catalogs offered by Woodenboat. They
contain a total of 120 study plans of all sorts of boats: motorboats,
runabouts, launches, sailboats and dinghies. Great reading and drooling ;-)

Meindert

steveb

"Miljenko" lifted the trapdoor, peered around and
wrote:

Thanks to God, out there is still enought people who will help me to build
this boat with tehnical help and their experience. You are not this kind of
man so "Good Bye".

BwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Thanks for the laugh. Goodbye to you, your positive and thoughtful
contributions will be sorely missed!
William R. Watt

"Miljenko" ) writes:

That is true, price for plans is not too high but I do not need complete
plans for external and internal works and dimensions of all parts, just hull
form, which is better than many free "boxes" sold as boat. I alredy have
some good forms and get some by my self by measuring few Croatian
traditional boat (very good boats) but I want see and study how to improve
this forms.

you can't just cold mould any hull shape. even when the hull shape is
designed for cold moulding its a very time consuming process shaving the
strips to conform to the shape fo the hull. you are not just putting one
layer on the hull so it has to be done all over again for each layer. I
think TF Jones says 1 hour per sq ft per layer to do the cold moulding
part of the boat construction.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm
Jacques Mertens

Miljenko, do you have a paying job or do you work for free?
Let's say you are a plumber, will you install my new bathroom for free?
Why not?

Where did you get the idea that a boat designer has to work for you for
free?

--
Jacques
http://www.bateau.com

"Miljenko" wrote in message

Stephen Baker wrote in message
Meindert says:

I don't get it. You want to build a 9 meter boat, which will cost you
several thousands of euros or dollars, but you want free plans???

There are too many people out there who have not hoisted in the fact

that
you
get what you pay for. ;-)

Although I am biased....

Steve
Stephen C. Baker - Yacht Designer
http://members.aol.com/SailDesign/pr...cbweb/home.htm

Thanks to God, out there is still enought people who will help me to build
this boat with tehnical help and their experience. You are not this kind

of
man so "Good Bye".
Miljenko.

Jacques Mertens

The hull form is the bigest problem because many people who think they

have good
plans are actualy selling "floating boxes". Result is huge waves around

and
capuccino behind boat. Of course empty fuel tank much soon than you
expected.

Well, since you know so much about other peoples designs, you should draft
your own plans.
Send us pictures.

--
Jacques
http://www.bateau.com

steveb

"Jacques Mertens" lifted the trapdoor, peered around and
wrote:

Well, since you know so much about other peoples designs, you should draft
your own plans.
Send us pictures.

it's a troll - has to be ..

In any event, I will stake money that his contribution to the ng will be
around zero.

Oh, and he'll simply be rude if you challenge him, he's done that already

steveb