Larry Buss

Default Volvo Penta (EFI) engine starting problem

Hi folks

I've had this boat out once this yr and noticed it was running very
sluggish. While cruising several "pops" were heard from the engine
compartment and then the engine died. Now the engine will not start.
The engine will crank, trys to start, then dies. The ignition system
has been gone through, there is good fuel pressure (43lbs), but still
will not run. The engine has what appears to be a Delco HEI system and
Electronic multiport fuel injection. Any thoughts or guesses as too
what may be causing this to happen. We've tried everything we can
think of.

Thanks in advance for the help
Larry Buss