jps

Default Opening Day

Here I sit, watching the canal that's transited on opening day --
watching all those lucky *******s who get to take time off to take part.

The closest I'll come is sitting on the banks waving at the paraders
while I dream of being out there again.

Work sucks.

jps

So.........get time off and do it.

jps wrote:
Here I sit, watching the canal that's transited on opening day --
watching all those lucky *******s who get to take time off to take part.

The closest I'll come is sitting on the banks waving at the paraders
while I dream of being out there again.

Work sucks.

jps

Drop over to SYC or QCYC tomorrow after the parade. Lots of events open
to the public.
Look for my bald head and hideous visage at QCYC, and I'll buy you a
beer. :-)

jps

In article .com,
says...

jps wrote:
In article . com,
says...

jps wrote:
Here I sit, watching the canal that's transited on opening day --
watching all those lucky *******s who get to take time off to take part.

The closest I'll come is sitting on the banks waving at the paraders
while I dream of being out there again.

Work sucks.

jps

Drop over to SYC or QCYC tomorrow after the parade. Lots of events open
to the public.
Look for my bald head and hideous visage at QCYC, and I'll buy you a
beer. :-)

Thanks for the generous offer Chuck. The SO is off running a marathon
this weekend, I've got the kids and their weekend sports schedule. Not
a moment to spare and no time to see the parade.

Hope you had a great time!

jps

'Twas indeed a hoot.

If you're in town for next year's OD, Seattle, Queen City, and Tyee all
host after-parade events at their clubs. Everybody from every yacht
club, power squadron, or boating organization of any type is pretty
well welcome to attend- so in reality nobody is going to challenge you
for credentials even if you have never been on the premises in your
life.

QCYC hosts a "burger bash" with dancing in the upstairs lounge. $8 for
a thick, juicy, burger, all the trimmings, beans, coleslaw, and a bag
of chips.

A buddy of mine just joined QCYC and said the meetings are a sight to
behold. As a former Alaska fish boat owner, he was greatly amused by
the agenda and focus. One piece he passed along concerned one of the
last outings (in Roche?) where one of the members had 1000 lbs of ice
flown in on his chopper and another restocked the fleet with some form
of high proof liquid not meant to be run in engines.

That's a pretty impressive example of pooling member resources.

Portage Bay is among my favorite parts of Seattle. Would love an excuse
to have our boat there, especially since they're both within spittin'
distance of the house. Heard the wait list for moorage is anywhere from
a couple to many years.

jps