dh@.

Default Jet Ski overheating problem

The last time I rode my Jet Ski it gave me a problem
with overheating. The cause is that there wasn't much
of a stream of water running through it to cool it. The
stream from the outlet hole was very inconsistent, and
looked like it might be clogged by something. I ran it
up on a beach too fast the day before, and was afraid
that might cause a problem. If that's what is likely to
have done it, and there is a way of cleaning out whatever
may be causing a clog, can anyone tell me how to do it?

dh@. wrote in message ...
The last time I rode my Jet Ski it gave me a problem
with overheating. The cause is that there wasn't much
of a stream of water running through it to cool it. The
stream from the outlet hole was very inconsistent, and
looked like it might be clogged by something. I ran it
up on a beach too fast the day before, and was afraid
that might cause a problem. If that's what is likely to
have done it, and there is a way of cleaning out whatever
may be causing a clog, can anyone tell me how to do it?

You answered your own question. You need to clean the beach sand out of the
engine cooling passages. Get a maintenance manual for that model and it will
clearly describe the cooling system. Follow the path of the cooling water
in, disconnect the hoses, flush out the crud, reassemble.

Yes. You need to take your jet ski to an acid dip facility and leave
it in over night. Encourage your friends to do the same.

John

Most of the elitist geniuses here don't know how to care for their own
boats. They're too busy wishing their wives would let them have a
jetski. The last two posts shows you the quality of advice here.
You'll have better luck at rec.sport.jetski.

John

ladysailor

I have no sympathy for the jet ski enthustiast. Too many times I've
been in a tight situation on a sail boat when these dick heads think
it's funny to ride doughnuts around us. Not to mention the times we've
been at anchor and they scream around our boat just to get a rise out
of our little dog who hates the noise they make.

I'm with the dog, I don't like the noise either!

Lady Sailor

John

Not to mention the times we've
been at anchor and they scream around our boat just to get a rise out

of our little dog who hates the noise they make.

Are you really that self centered to think that other people really
give a **** about your dog's reaction? You can't be serious.

Butch Davis

You miss the point, John. It's not about the dog... it's about a few (maybe
more than a few) jet ski operators who delight in harrasing a woman and her
dog. Generally the people on jet skis are kids and pretty mindless. The
high pitched noise made by some of these things probably cause the dog a lot
of pain and it reacts by barking at the things that are hurting it.

Also, you may be surprised to know that dogs and boating are a pretty nice
combination. A lot of boaters take their dogs along for the companionship
and because a lot of dogs really enjoy a boat ride and a day out with the
owner.

Speaking for myself, I like most dogs a lot more than I like most jet ski
operators. The dogs seem to be smarter and better behaved.

Butch
"John" wrote in message
oups.com...
Not to mention the times we've
been at anchor and they scream around our boat just to get a rise out

of our little dog who hates the noise they make.

Are you really that self centered to think that other people really
give a **** about your dog's reaction? You can't be serious.

ladysailor

Are you really that self centered to think that other people really
give a **** about your dog's reaction? You can't be serious.

Your post is classic John. A perfect window into the mind of a jet ski
operator.

Barb
www.sailinglinks.com

Dave Hall

I obviously don't know where you boat or the actions of the jetskiers
there. The same goes for everyone else that posts negative comments
about jetskiers here. I only know that where I boat AND jetski, I have
never seen the kinds of actions described here and I have found that
jetskiers, old and young, are at least as respectful as most boaters.
When going fast they are no worse than any bass boater and certainly
no louder. I have yet to see a jetski that is 1/10th as loud as those
asshole boaters that have their un-muffled exhausts above the
waterline just to hear their obnoxious boats' noise. I have, however,
noticed boaters (a very small minority) that go out of their way to
screw with jetskiers. Those folks think that because they can afford a
$100,000 boat that they own the damn river and others can't have some
fun. They are also the ones that plow a huge wake whenever they see a
jonboat or the crew team. I have seen the few that scream at
jetskiers, who are minding their own business, just because they don't
like them. Sorry, but they have as much right to use the waterways as
the boaters.

Now don't get me wrong. I am not accusing you of being one of those
obnoxious or uptight boaters. I am also not trying to claim that there
are not any obnoxious and asshole jetskiers. But I am saying that just
because there are some is no reason to **** on the poor guy that was
asking a question here any more than all boaters should be condemned
because of the ones I described above.

Dave Hall