posted to rec.boats.paddle.touring
Marek \Wayfarer\

Default What to buy together with your new camera? ... 6 Tips from a PaddlerPerspective

What to buy together with your new camera? I wrote some tips and
comments from a paddler perspective:

http://users.frii.com/uliasz/weblog/...219/index.html

Would you add anything?
posted to rec.boats.paddle.touring
Dan Koretz

how about a small, easily detached float? I keep my optio in a little
mash zippered pocket on my PFD. The pocket is too small for any kind of
float, but I get nervous about getting hit by a wave and dropping the
camera when I have it out (especially in following seas). What would be
ideal, but I have not found it, would be a float (not styrofoam, which
comes apart) that you could keep clipped to a line on the deck and then
clip it to the camera strap when you need it. Anyone know of anything?

Marek "Wayfarer" wrote the following on 5/17/2006 1:39 PM:
What to buy together with your new camera? I wrote some tips and
comments from a paddler perspective:

http://users.frii.com/uliasz/weblog/...219/index.html

Would you add anything?

posted to rec.boats.paddle.touring
Steve Hix

In article ,
Dan Koretz wrote:

how about a small, easily detached float? I keep my optio in a little
mash zippered pocket on my PFD. The pocket is too small for any kind of
float, but I get nervous about getting hit by a wave and dropping the
camera when I have it out (especially in following seas). What would be
ideal, but I have not found it, would be a float (not styrofoam, which
comes apart) that you could keep clipped to a line on the deck and then
clip it to the camera strap when you need it. Anyone know of anything?

I dug out a visitor badge neck strap from work, and thread the Optio
WP's wrist strap through the steel loop at the end of the neck strap.

Hang it around my neck, with the camera tucked into a PDF mesh pocket
when not using it, and it works fine.

Doesn't go anywhere when you fall out of the boat at the dock, either.

:}
posted to rec.boats.paddle.touring
Dan Koretz

Interesting fix. Nothing extra to fuss with. As someone who started
out with whitewater, I never put anything around my neck, but it would
be easy to put the strap around a shoulder strap of your pfd, which is
where a lot of whitewater paddlers (including me) hang emergency
whistles and noseplugs. I think that's what I will do. Thanks for the idea.

Dan Koretz wrote:

[...]

Ah...so *that's* what that D-ring on the PFD is for. Now I don't have to
leave the camera at home if I go out where there's surf or bumpy water.

Thanks.

10 tips on shooting pictures without viewfinder Marek \Wayfarer\ Touring 1 April 12th 06 03:07 AM
Looking for a new camera for the boat? Capt. Rob ASA 7 February 5th 06 02:02 AM
I like the Fuji Quicksnap Camera SUZY ASA 0 February 3rd 06 08:57 PM
Waterproof Camera muzz UK Paddle 4 January 1st 06 03:07 PM
OT Digital camera Thom Stewart ASA 10 November 9th 05 01:13 AM