Bob

Default Fuel pump to carbs fuel line replacement

The aluminum fuel line that goes from the fuel pump to the dual carbs
(two single barrel carbs) on my Volvo AQ130C engine has developed a
crack near the #1 carb connection that leaks significantly and needs to
be replaced.

The OEM part is $165. Is there any reason why I can't just attach a
1/8" NPT x 1/4" brass hose barb to each carb, then attach a short piece
of marine grade, rubber fuel line to each hose barb and attach the
other ends of those lines to a 1/4" brass barbed tee, and then run a
longer length of marine grade fuel line from the fuel pump to remaining
open end of the brass barbed tee? I would also put hose clamps on all
the places the hose attaches. Seems to me this should work fine, would
be a whole lot more reliable than an aluminum line that can easily be
stressed and then crack/break, and sure would save a lot of money.

COmments appreciated!

Thanks,
Bob

Steve Barker

=======================
Remove the not dot from my address to abuse my email box
"Calif Bill" wrote in message
You could get someone locally to make a line for a couple of bucks. Steel
line with a Double flair. FLARE Same as break BRAKElines

require.
Bill

Calif Bill

At least I did not misspell flair or break.
Bill

=======================
"Calif Bill" wrote in message
You could get someone locally to make a line for a couple of bucks.

Steel
line with a Double flair. FLARE Same as break

BRAKElines
require.
Bill

basskisser

"Calif Bill" wrote in message ...
You could get someone locally to make a line for a couple of bucks. Steel
line with a Double flair. Same as break lines require.
Bill

Your "break" lines "flair"?

Gfretwell

Bob, don't go with a hose. Before the fuel pump, your fine with a
hose, but after it, with the higher pressure, get a steel line

Fuel line is rated at 100psi or higher. That must be some fuel pump! Carburated
engines usually only run about 3-4 psi at the carb.
They use hoses on the much higher pressures in an EFI engine.