Default costs of tow vehicles

This past week I have been lamenting the cost of replacing my old
trucks. Suddenly cost has become a non-issue. The role of
serendipity and chance in our lives cannot be overestimated. Last
week I was also discussing boron nitride coatings for boat stuff and
at lunch was talking to some gun nuts about this coating. Suddenly, I
have a gun dealer promising a huge volume if i will do BN coating on
gun parts. At the same time my company suddenly has x-ray optics
sales overseas like crazy. Very strange for bad economic times.
Unfortunately, this comes with a down side as I realize how little
boating I have done recently and how little I will do as this all
comes to fruition. Maybe being poor was more fun.
OTOH, Cheapness must be an ineradicable part of my DNA and I will
never consider a new vehicle cuz the idea of that depreciation so
quickly is unacceptable.

On Oct 22, 12:46*pm, wrote:
[...]

We got a couple of big jobs in July that made this a good year for us.
We've also got a couple of prospects for early next year.

On Oct 22, 12:52 pm, wrote:
On Oct 22, 12:46 pm, wrote:

[...]

maybe only the bankers are hurting.

On Oct 22, 12:52 pm, wrote:
On Oct 22, 12:46 pm, wrote:

[...]

Back in June and July, things were so bad for us that I basically shut
down and went to Wyoming for several weeks. Just now ramping back up.

On Oct 22, 1:33*pm, wrote:
On Oct 22, 12:52 pm, wrote:

On Oct 22, 12:46 pm, wrote:

[...]

down and went to Wyoming for several weeks. *Just now ramping back up.- Hide quoted text -

I think it just matters what business you're in. I know some in
construction that are hurting, and some that are doing pretty well. I
also know that there are a lot of IT people looking for opportunities.

wrote in message
[...]

Don't forget looking successful is an important part of the equation.
Go lease a nice new company truck.

DK DK is offline

Don White wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

That can work against you. I rarely take my personal "company" car when
I visit a customer. I'll take one of my F150's with my company logo on
the side. You don't want them to think you don't need their business or
are better than them.

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 19:06:47 -0400, DK
wrote:

That can work against you. I rarely take my personal "company" car when
I visit a customer. I'll take one of my F150's with my company logo on
the side. You don't want them to think you don't need their business or
are better than them.

Yeah. I had an electrician come out to bid on 100 amp service for my
house and he pulled up in a Mercedes.
I said to him to when he walked up to me, "WTF? You coming to bid
driving a Mercedes?"
He explained it was a "classic" he got for a song from a acquaintance
but had to put a lot of money into getting it to look like it did.
He just loved the car.
The bid was good, and he was good doing the job.
Reminds me of something else.
A realtor took me and the wife to look at a house in his new Lincoln
Continental.
I'm a GM guy and don't pay any attention to Fords.
My dad had a real quiet LTD and that's what I thought it was when the
realtor says to me, "How do you like the car?" as we're driving along.
I said, "Nice. LTD?
This guys face practically fell down to his kness.
He told me what it was.
Never forget that.
I felt bad, so apologized, and said I didn't know didley about Fords,
then corrected myself... ah, I mean Lincolns.

--Vic

Tow vehicles [email protected] General 5 October 4th 08 07:17 PM
Tow vehicles [email protected] General 8 August 13th 08 08:46 AM
How GPS Locators Help Find Lost Vehicles [email protected] General 0 October 23rd 07 10:51 AM
Greenest/ Meanest Vehicles Capt. Lewry ASA 3 July 12th 07 09:25 PM
GMC INTRODUCES ALL NEW VEHICLES AT MILWAUKEE GRAND PRIX APBA Offshore, LLC Power Boat Racing 2 July 25th 03 03:03 PM