JTC

Default Power Trim

My power trim has had a problem since I bought my 1987 Bayliner with Force
125. The Motor would not stay in the up position and raising the motor
seemed pretty slow. Some of you from this newsgroup recommended changing
the 0-Ring Seal in the cylinder. But I never got around to replacing it.
Now the motor will not raise at all using the trim unit alone. I must
assist it by grabbing the lower unit and lifting it up while using the trim
to tilt the motor up.

Yesterday I took the trim cylinder apart expecting to find a badly mangled
O-Ring in there. However, everything looked real good. The O-Ring had no
sign of wear as I can tell. All other parts inside the cylinder look good
to.

I intend to replace the O-Ring anyway just to be sure but I am getting
worried that the problem may be in the pump/reservoir instead of the tilt
cylinder. The pump sounds like its working fine and with the top of the
tilt cylinder unattached from the motor the pump moves the piston up and
down just fine.

I guess what I am asking is if there is any way to check to see if the
problem is with the pump/reservoir verses the tilt cylinder.

Thanks for any help in advance.

JeffC

Mercruiser Trim Stuck Steely General 0 July 27th 03 07:18 AM
Tilt / Trim switch Ronald A. Widman General 0 July 20th 03 03:51 PM
prop pitch/rpm and trim? werlax General 6 July 15th 03 12:40 AM
94' OMC 115 loses power after first 5 minutes Jacob Morgan General 0 July 13th 03 04:15 PM
Older Mercury Tilt & Trim Operation? Smokey & Bear General 2 July 13th 03 05:01 AM