Default We know every state has its crazies, but...

....Florida seems to have more than its share.

‘Why Would I Do That'
Man Accused of Burning His Wife to Death Tells Detectives He Has Memory Gaps
By Matthew Pleasant
THE LEDGER
Published: Saturday, December 1, 2012 at 11:28 p.m.

LAKELAND | Five straight days awake, fueled by meth and pills. That he
remembers.

But Joshua Kimbrough's memory falters he He stood in an abandoned
Lakeland home Aug. 3 as the binge crested. He fought with his wife,
Megan. There were flames. And they covered her body.

How did the fire start? He will tell you he doesn't remember. He will
tell you he tried to extinguish her. He will tell you he kissed her
forehead, then ran.

Four months later, Kimbrough sat in a visiting area at the Polk County
Jail. His memory, he said, hasn't improved over time.

A grand jury indicted Kimbrough on Tuesday, formally accusing him of
something he insists he can't remember — dousing Megan, 26, with
gasoline and setting her aflame.

Megan, burned over 80 percent of her body, survived more than three
months before dying Nov. 10.

Kimbrough said he thought she might live. He learned of her death when
deputies woke him at 1:30 a.m. in his cell the day after. They took
fresh fingerprints and told him he'd been charged with first-degree murder.

"If that's the way it's got to be," he said of his charges, "that's the
way it's got to be."

A phone receiver to his ear, his shaven head lowered as he sat in front
of a video visitation screen, Kimbrough, 32, spoke for an hour Thursday
with a Ledger reporter. He hesitated to discuss the fire beyond what he
has already told Lakeland Police Department detec-tives.

"I'm not comfortable talking about that," he said. "I've got a long road
ahead of me."

He did talk about Megan and their fast-moving relationship and how it
deteriorated almost as quickly because of drug addiction. He said he, as
much as anyone else, wanted to know what happened that night. He sounded
calm but somber, nothing like the man detectives interviewed in August.

The moments he won't talk about now, he made frustrated attempts to
remember for detectives as they gently prodded him with questions.

"I'll always love her, and I'm sorry," he told them. "I don't know what
it was that happened. I need to come up with an answer."

He tried to explain how they ended up in that abandoned house. He tried
to explain why they argued.

He tried to explain how, as he fought with a woman he calls a soulmate,
he reached for a lighter and gasoline.

For mo

http://tinyurl.com/cysprma

On 12/12/2012 3:06 PM, ESAD wrote:
[...]

You can relate to memory lapses. Aren't you the guy who forgets to pay
his bills and taxes, on a regular basis?

On Wed, 12 Dec 2012 15:06:32 -0500, ESAD wrote:

[...]

It's for damn sure your neck of the woods has its sha

http://tinyurl.com/abrmxk3

On 12/12/12 6:00 PM, GuzzisRule wrote:
[...]

First, the article you referenced was a robbery, not the sort of
craziness I was posting about in Florida.

Second, such robberies take place much closer to your place of residence
than mine. You are the one, after all, living just a couple of miles
from the Springfield Mall area, where MS13 gang members are active.

Third, Oxon Hills is certainly in Maryland, but quite a distance from
where we are, about 40 miles away, with intervening counties in the way.

Now, John the Racist, don't you have some "furriners" to insult?

In article ,
says...

...Florida seems to have more than its share.

Did you get chased out of Florida or was it suggested that you leave.

Why did you leave Virginia and move to Maryland?

You do know that when Maryland implemented their millionaires tax the
millionaires left the state.

Pay your taxes deadbeat.

ESAD wrote:
[...]

They probably figure a person who can pay their taxes is not worth robbing.
Either no money or professional courtesy.

No wonder the crazies like the south... H the K General 4 August 12th 09 03:41 AM
Well, this ought to chill the right-wing crazies... HK General 1 June 6th 09 03:48 AM
Sailing crazies [email protected] ASA 0 January 17th 06 04:38 AM
Wash State Mandatory Boater Education Bill clears state senate: [email protected] General 46 March 21st 05 09:14 PM
( OT ) State of the Union Jim, General 0 February 2nd 05 06:21 PM