Ernie

Default How Can This Be Checked Out???

I own a 2003 17' Trophy and here's a problem I would like to explore
further. Can anyone help?

The water wouldn't drain out of the anchor well. I tried a snake,
and it appeared to go some 15' or so and still the water wouldn't drain. I
then removed popup cover in the console's storage compartment to find it
full of water and that's where the snake curled itself and wouldn't go any
further. I tried inserting
the snake in storage compartment's drainage channel and it wouldn't go but a
few inches. It was blocked and so was its bilge exit. I couldn't drive a
snake from either end.

Took the boat to the dealer and after several hours they finally got the
draining
channel unplugged but also drew insulation while fishing through the
channel. This is
something I am definitely concerned about and don't quite know what to do
about. How can I have it checked out to make sure they did not damage the
draining channel? If they did I could encounter more problems down the
road.

Incidentally, does anyone know where the Trophy is manufactured? I would be
interested in visiting the plant. Thanks for your help.

--
Ernie

Everyone dies, but not everyone lives.
A. Sachs

Clams Canino

Either there was insulation blocking the drain - or they did a bad thing.
You'd have to scope the drain to be sure.

Trophy is a Bayliner in sheeps clothing. (nuff said?)

-W

"Ernie" wrote in message
[...]

RG

It sounds like you are concerned that they may have penetrated the drain
canal to solve the problem, rather than simply "snaking" out whatever debris
was causing the backup????

How's about plugging one end of the canal and putting in some air, under
VERY MODEST pressure, into the other end. If it leaks out..you have a crack
or opening. If it holds pressure, you are fine. They test auto radiators
this way, so you'll have to get creative to rig up some gadget to do it.
I'm thinking of a balloon connected to the aft end, and a rubber stopper on
the air input side. Input "x" amount of air ( very low pressure, just enough
to blow up the pre-stretched balloon), and then stop the input side off. If
the balloon stays full, you have a pressure-holding water canal.

Clearly, if you use TOO MUCH pressure, you could create, not solve, your own
problem.

regards,
RichG

"Ernie" wrote in message
[...]

Lawrence James

Has water ever drained? When you say insulation, you mean expanded foam?
It is possible that foam got into it during the manufacturing process. The
foam is usually added after the floor is down. There is no way to be
certain wothout pulling up the floor or getting a plumber with a snake
camera to look at it.