jim

Default Viking 35 Sportfisher Info

I'm looking at two very different boats, one of which is a early 80's
35 foot Viking Sportfisher. It has twin Cat 3208 300hp diesels.
Dealer says "cruising speed" would be about 18 knots and fuel
consumption would be about 10 gal/hr at that speed. Does anyone out
there know if that is about right? Also, when pleasure cruising (SF
bay and Delta) we could easily be moving at hull speed (about 7.5
knots for a 35 footer). Anyone know what the fuel consumption might
be at that speed. Finally, anyone familiar with this model have any
opinion, advice, or particular things to look out for when checking
out the boat?
Paul Schilter

jim,
Don't know actual information about either boat, but from all I've read
there's no comparison between a Viking and a Bayliner. They're at opposite
ends of the spectrum.
Paul

"jim" wrote in message
om...
I'm looking at two very different boats, one of which is a early 80's
35 foot Viking Sportfisher. It has twin Cat 3208 300hp diesels.
Dealer says "cruising speed" would be about 18 knots and fuel
consumption would be about 10 gal/hr at that speed. Does anyone out
there know if that is about right? Also, when pleasure cruising (SF
bay and Delta) we could easily be moving at hull speed (about 7.5
knots for a 35 footer). Anyone know what the fuel consumption might
be at that speed. Finally, anyone familiar with this model have any
opinion, advice, or particular things to look out for when checking
out the boat?

LaBomba182

Subject: Viking 35 Sportfisher Info
From: Wayne.B

I would expect 10 to 11 GPH, PER ENGINE, at cruising speed. The
dealer is full of it.

Or, Jim misunderstood/misheard him and he was right on. :-)

Capt. Bill