Calif Bill

Default Damm Roaches

"Cardinal Bill" wrote in
message ...
Jack Rye wrote:

So you have a bug problem. Ok here is the only and best way to kill

those
pesky little disease ridden scum sucking varmints. Seal up your boat and
run a 4 stroke gasoline engine. Small gasoline 4 stroke generators work

the
best. You can rent them by the 1/2 day, or just borrow one. Then just

walk

Cockroach eggs hatch between 5 to 7 weeks. You will need to repeat this
trick a few times.

Errr....why not just go buy a chunk of dryice, toss it in and close the
boat up?

--
To know Edina is to reject it.
-- Dudley Riggs, "The Year the Grinch Stole the Election"

One extra Oxygen molecule.

Cardinal Bill

Calif Bill wrote:

One extra Oxygen molecule.

I guess I was looking at it from the angle of:
1. No exhaust odor.
2. Carbon dioxide isn't particularly healthy to breath, even with the
extra oxygen atom in the molecule. :-)

--
Internal error in fortune program:
fnum=2987 n=45 flag=1 goose_level=-232323

Paul

Errr....why not just go buy a chunk of dryice, toss it in and close the
boat up?

One extra Oxygen molecule.

But it's not available is it? I thought it would be bound up and unusable.
We spray it on a fire to choke it out so I figured it may have oxygen but
it's not available. For that matter, water has oxygen too doesn't it? But
you can't breathe it since it's not available.

I may be wrong ... I'm just wondering.

Dale

Vito wrote:
Keith wrote:

I've never had a roach problem on a boat before, but have got one now. ...
Any ideas?

Boric acid powder.

This stuff works better than anything I have ever seen. 4 parts Boric
Acid powder, 2 parts flour and 1 part cocoa powder (like Hersey's) and
spread it liberally around the boat, under cabinets and things. I know
this is ridiculous to say but don't let it get wet. It will make a
mess. I know one person who used this in their apartment and it cleaned
out the entire building. It takes a few weeks to work though.

You can get the same results with Roach-Prufe but this will be cheaper.

Mark Browne

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
nk.net...
snip

Errr....why not just go buy a chunk of dryice, toss it in and close the
boat up?

--
To know Edina is to reject it.
-- Dudley Riggs, "The Year the Grinch Stole the Election"

One extra Oxygen molecule.

In a chicken breeding operation the people that sex chickens kill the males
by throwing them in a bucket with a chunk of dry ice - the vapor kills the
young chicks very effectively. Life is short and thankless for most male
chicks.

Mark Browne

Skip Gundlach

"Dale" wrote in message
link.net...
This stuff works better than anything I have ever seen. 4 parts Boric
Acid powder, 2 parts flour and 1 part cocoa powder (like Hersey's) and
spread it liberally around the boat, under cabinets and things. I know
this is ridiculous to say but don't let it get wet. It will make a
mess. I know one person who used this in their apartment and it cleaned
out the entire building. It takes a few weeks to work though.

Heard a variation on that theme: use boric acid and powdered sugar, put in
bottle caps to keep from spreading around. They love the sugar so swarm to
it, and it looks and feels like the BA...

L8R

Skip, not having to try any of those, only having the big ones here :{))

Rosalie B.

x-no-archive:yes "Paul" wrote:

Errr....why not just go buy a chunk of dryice, toss it in and close the
boat up?

One extra Oxygen molecule.

But it's not available is it? I thought it would be bound up and unusable.
We spray it on a fire to choke it out so I figured it may have oxygen but
it's not available. For that matter, water has oxygen too doesn't it? But
you can't breathe it since it's not available.

I may be wrong ... I'm just wondering.

Carbon dioxide (from dry ice) is a simple asphyxiant. If it displaces
the oxygen in the air it will kill you, but it takes quite a bit of
it. You can be exposed to 30,000 ppm for 15 minutes and still be OK.

Carbon monoxide at 1500 ppm may lead to death, and the 15 minute
exposure limit is 35 ppm for an hour. This is because without the
extra oxygen molecule, CO has a 200 to 300 times great affinity for
hemoglobin than oxygen does. So even if there is enough oxygen
present, the CO will kick it off the hemoglobin and you will die. So
it isn't just a simple asphyxiant any more.

grandma Rosalie
Horace Brownbag

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 02:58:05 GMT, "Mark Browne"
wrote:

snip

Errr....why not just go buy a chunk of dryice, toss it in and close the
boat up?

snip
In a chicken breeding operation the people that sex chickens kill the males
by throwing them in a bucket with a chunk of dry ice - the vapor kills the
young chicks very effectively. Life is short and thankless for most male
chicks.

I've hooked a small pipe to a CO2 tank, and probed small containers of
grain. Screw the top back on, and see no weevil, hear no weevil, and
best yet, eat no weevil.

Small concentration are lethal to many, many critters.
Jim

"BORIC ACID! Its sold in powder form at Home Depot under the name 'Victor
Roach killing power. I believe its also called 'Roach pruff'. Just dust it
into the area and sweep it into the corners and forget about it. The little
buggers will walk thru it and track it to their nest and lick themselves
clean. I swear by it ---Jim

Keith" wrote in message ...
I've never had a roach problem on a boat before, but have got one now. Those
damm little German cockroaches have gotten a foothold, and nothing I'm using
is doing much good. I have used those Raid Max smoke type foggers twice,
sprayed everywhere with Raid Max, and then used the "wet" foggers. I can
knock them down for awhile, but not out.

Raid Max used to be the best, lasted for months. They've reformulated it to
a water-based formulation that smells completely differently from the old
style, and it doesn't seem to do anything unless you spray it right on them,
despite their claims that it "kills for up to 6 months".

Any ideas?