Backyard Renegade

Default Bolger Diablo

"Ron Magen" wrote in message ...
I was thinking of using the 'regular' Diablo as a platform for a 'Mini-River
Patrol Boat' or 'Mini-Lobster Boat' for my wife.

Phil nixed the idea . . . would NOT be stable enough. He recommended the
'Grande'. Remember, in either case, a superstructure of some type would be
put on the hull. Therefore, for form stability, the CG would have to be
lowered. This indicates, to me, that lowering the 'floor/deck' should be no
problem.

Regards & Good Luck,
Ron Magen
Backyard Boatshop

"James W. Sloan" wrote in message
nk.net...
Sounds more like a flats boat setup from your description. I've never
studied the Grande plans, just the regular Diablo in Dynamite's book. It
should be simple enough to get the cockpit modified with a proper floor,

but
not for a first timer.

James Sloan
Saint Simons Island, GA

Yes, I am sure you are right. The hull shape is very interesting too
when you pick it apart. I did a few renderings of my 20 footer with
such an arrangement, you know, the narrow flat running full length on
the bottom as a planing deck. Still, I wanted to pound a little less
so I ended up with a vee. I wonder what Phil would say about
Dynamites' reccomendation to me to put my 25 horse on a standard
Diablo. Bet it would move right along though.
Scotty
Ron Magen

Scotty,
Why don't you do that . . . and tell us what the 'Pucker Factor' is.
{When I ride with Joanne, in her "Arrest Me Red" Saturn Coupe, it's a '3' on
the straight, although it's reached '5' in turns, on occasion.}

Regards,
Ron Magen
Backyard Boatshop
{If I put my 3.5 on one side of the transom, and my 6 on the other . . .
will that give me a 9.5 hp ? . . .}

"Backyard Renegade" wrote in message
om...
SNIP
. . . Dynamites' reccomendation to me to put my 25 horse on a standard
Diablo. Bet it would move right along though.
Scotty

Sal's Dad

The Diablo with a 25 is smooth, fast, fun. Instead of the flotation box in
the bow, put in a thwart for the kids, with a handle across the bow to hold
onto. Wheeee!! Only problem is you can't create enough wake to circle
around and bounce them a bit, in flat water.

Great fun in big water, surfing along the swell. It also keeps up its speed
pretty well with 800+ lbs of crew/cargo.

Dragged it out of the water Saturday; it was caught in moving ice on the
outhaul. Would have been gone today.

Talk about Pucker Factor? Out with the family today, breaking through a
mile of 1" ice, in a 8 hp, 14' skiff...

Scotty,
Why don't you do that . . . and tell us what the 'Pucker Factor' is.
{When I ride with Joanne, in her "Arrest Me Red" Saturn Coupe, it's a '3'

on
the straight, although it's reached '5' in turns, on occasion.}

Regards,
Ron Magen
Backyard Boatshop
{If I put my 3.5 on one side of the transom, and my 6 on the other . . .
will that give me a 9.5 hp ? . . .}

"Backyard Renegade" wrote in message
om...
SNIP
. . . Dynamites' reccomendation to me to put my 25 horse on a standard
Diablo. Bet it would move right along though.
Scotty

Backyard Renegade

"Ron Magen" wrote in message ...
Scotty,
Why don't you do that . . . and tell us what the 'Pucker Factor' is.
{When I ride with Joanne, in her "Arrest Me Red" Saturn Coupe, it's a '3' on
the straight, although it's reached '5' in turns, on occasion.}

I know about that, when I met mine she had a Formula 400, before that
a Challenger... No more "muscle" cars, but she does have a Mazda sport
now, a little small but it goes on rails, it is black, and she still
looks hot in it!
Scotty

Regards,
Ron Magen
Backyard Boatshop
{If I put my 3.5 on one side of the transom, and my 6 on the other . . .
will that give me a 9.5 hp ? . . .}

"Backyard Renegade" wrote in message
om...
SNIP
. . . Dynamites' reccomendation to me to put my 25 horse on a standard
Diablo. Bet it would move right along though.
Scotty

Ron Magen

Scotty,
Wait till people start commenting to you about how well your 'Daughter'
drives/looks/shoots !!

Regards,
Ron