basskisser

Default Dry compression test Ok -wet not so good. Rebuild???

(Steven Shelikoff) wrote in message ...
On 17 Sep 2003 04:44:35 -0700,
(basskisser) wrote:

(Steven Shelikoff) wrote in message ...
On 11 Sep 2003 04:15:23 -0700,
(basskisser) wrote:

"Lawrence James" wrote in message ink.net...
If the compression goes up when you put a little oil in the cylinder it
means the rings are leaking. Too much oil could change the compression some
I suppose. Make sure you crank each cylinder until the gauge stops rising.

According to Shelikoff, and his boy wonder, JoeTechnician, leaking
rings is normal, and acceptable.
Really, they think that all four stroke engines should burn oil,
getting past rings.

I see that you're STILL trying to prove that you're too stupid to
understand the difference between "none", "a little bit" and "too much".

If SOME got by the rings, then how in the world would compression
increase? I'll tell you how. The oil actually makes a better seal than
dry.

Good. At least now you realize that the rings/cylinder interface isn't
dry and has some oil between. Part of that oil layer gets burned during
combustion.

Steve

So, let's see, a wet compression test tells us that the rings are
worn, if the compression comes up from wet to dry. WORN, as in needs
to be rebuilt. Now, if the test stays the same, decent compression wet
or dry, the rings and or cylinder wall are good. So, using your above
analogy, if the rings are getting oil by them, they are bad. If the
ring to cylinder fit is good, the compression doesn't change from wet
to dry. SO, please explain how this could possibly be.
Steven Shelikoff

(basskisser) wrote:

[...]

You've already proven you're to dumb to understand anything.

Steve

basskisser

(Steven Shelikoff) wrote in message ...

(basskisser) wrote:

[...]

Just what I expected. As usual, when you are too dumbfounded to give
an intelligent answer, you start name calling. Typical.
Dionysus Feldman

basskisser--

So, let's see, a wet compression test tells us that the rings are
worn, if the compression comes up from wet to dry. WORN, as in needs
to be rebuilt. Now, if the test stays the same, decent compression wet
or dry, the rings and or cylinder wall are good. So, using your above
analogy, if the rings are getting oil by them, they are bad. If the
ring to cylinder fit is good, the compression doesn't change from wet
to dry. SO, please explain how this could possibly be.

Steve--

You've already proven you're to dumb to understand anything.

Steve

df--

I really want to put basskisser in my kill file (all that political
crap), but damn if he doesn't seem logical and helpful now and then.

Anyone want to defend Steve?
Steven Shelikoff

(basskisser) wrote:

[...]

I'll give you an answer when you answer the following two part question:

Do you think NONE of the oil vapor that leaves the crankcase and gets
routed to the intake via the PCV valve and breather actually makes it to
the intake? And if you think some of it does make it to the intake, do
you think NONE of it gets burned?

Steve
basskisser

(Steven Shelikoff) wrote in message ...

(basskisser) wrote:

[...]

Yep, as expected. Typical, and expected.
Steven Shelikoff

(basskisser) wrote:

[...]

It's pretty easy to expect yourself not to be able to answer a simple
question that has been posed to you many times.

Steve