Steve

Default Furuno 1720 manual

Someone else was looking for a copy of my old Furuno 1720 manual. I know
from my past searches that it isn't available on the Furuno (retired
equipment) site.

Several years ago some kind person sent me a photo copy of their manual and
for that I greatful..

I just finished scanning this manual and have now posted it with my
collection of equipment manuals on my web site.

http://hood.hctc.com/~esteve/private/manuals/

It's a 13meg .pdf but that's the price you pay for a legible scan of dirty
gray pages.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Meindert Sprang

"Steve" wrote in message
Someone else was looking for a copy of my old Furuno 1720 manual. I know
from my past searches that it isn't available on the Furuno (retired
equipment) site.

Several years ago some kind person sent me a photo copy of their manual

and
for that I greatful..

I just finished scanning this manual and have now posted it with my
collection of equipment manuals on my web site.

http://hood.hctc.com/~esteve/private/manuals/

It's a 13meg .pdf but that's the price you pay for a legible scan of dirty
gray pages.

Steve,
Why don't you run it through Photoshop or some other imaging tool to convert
it to black&white? It would reduce the document to a few 100 kB.

Meindert

Den Thu, 8 Apr 2004 19:07:58 -0700, "Steve" skrev:

Someone else was looking for a copy of my old Furuno 1720 manual. I know
from my past searches that it isn't available on the Furuno (retired
equipment) site.

Is aviable at
http://www.furuno.no/files/documents/ome34890h_model1712(2).pdf

Hilsen
Hjalmar

926 06751
Steve

wrote in message
Is aviable at
http://www.furuno.no/files/documents/ome34890h_model1712(2).pdf

That is the 1712 manual. I have never been able to find the 1720 manual on
their site.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Steve

Default OT ( Furuno 1720 manual)

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm afraid I can't figure out how to do that with
Photoshop. (not very knowledgeable of PS)

I did try to scan the manual originally in B/W but the print was very grainy
and hardly legiable. I would expect that a conversion would have the same
result.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Meindert Sprang

"Steve" wrote in message
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm afraid I can't figure out how to do that

with
Photoshop. (not very knowledgeable of PS)

I did try to scan the manual originally in B/W but the print was very

grainy
and hardly legiable. I would expect that a conversion would have the same
result.

Not necessarily. Look for a threshold function in PS. By adjusting this
threshold and viewing the result live, you can get a fairly decent result.
Otherwise, if you can put the pages on your website as separate files, I'm
willing to download them, convert them and produce a PDF for you.

Meindert

AndyK.

Try this, the manual was still on the Furuno site. If the link will not work
use the search function to search for "1720". Goes right to the operators
manual.

http://www.furuno.com/Furuno/Doc/0/1...%206.20.91.pdf

"BD64" wrote in message

I am searching also the user manual for Furano 1720 manual but it seems
that the link below don't exist also..
Could you help me please

Larry W4CSC

"AndyK." wrote in
:

10BGVM2L9H5KTB2SIHCO92QM60

The embedded spam cookie might time out, but the search engine will refresh
it with another encrypted monster....

--
Larry

You know you've had a rough night when you wake up and you're outlined in
chalk.