posted to rec.boats.paddle

Default Teva Alps sandals discontinued?!?

Tiva "Alps" were first made in Columbia, CA. The pattern and the rights were sold to Tiva with a clause which gave the rights back to the original owner/designer after a certain amount of time. I have original Alps and Tiva Alps, the only defect I noticed was the durability of the Tiva made Alps in no way compares to the quality of the original. I still wear my original pair which is over 20 years old but my Teva made ones had a cracked sole in less than a year.
posted to rec.boats.paddle

On Monday, May 13, 2013 6:10:22 AM UTC+8, wrote:
Tiva "Alps" were first made in Columbia, CA. The pattern and the rights were sold to Tiva with a clause which gave the rights back to the original owner/designer after a certain amount of time. I have original Alps and Tiva Alps, the only defect I noticed was the durability of the Tiva made Alps in no way compares to the quality of the original. I still wear my original pair which is over 20 years old but my Teva made ones had a cracked sole in less than a year.

Wow....from June 19, 2002 to May 13, 2013. That might be a 'late reply' record!

--riverman
posted to rec.boats.paddle

Original ALPS are amazing.....glad the patent is running out.... Columbia, CA could use their creative industry....o.a.r.s. is still going strong and others.

BTW: i just got my 20+ year old "leather" Alps resoled (even with a similar octopus sole that my local old-school cobbler had in stock )...along with my other neosole one that he rebuilt good as new (i had worn them down so much)
so people and river gods..... get them resoled!
message me for the shop name. : )

Teva vs Dockers Frogwatch[_2_] General 3 July 21st 10 09:50 PM
AOL Newsgroup service will be discontinued MIDEMETZ General 4 January 29th 05 12:55 AM
Learn French in the Alps. Stephen Baker Boat Building 0 October 4th 04 12:44 AM
French Alps colin coupar UK Paddle 0 July 10th 03 10:17 PM