Default researching live-aboard cruising boats

As my wife and I approach retirement, we are considering the purchase of
a boat on which to live and to cruise (coastal cruising with some
Carribbean or Pac Northwest). We're looking for reaources for
researching options, needs and the kinds of boats that would fit our needs.

I'm requesting help in identifying these resources, preferably onlline,
that we coould use to figure out what fits our needs and budget.

Thanks in advance.

"Cal Vanize" wrote in message
news

As my wife and I approach retirement, we are considering the purchase of a
boat on which to live and to cruise (coastal cruising with some Carribbean
or Pac Northwest). We're looking for reaources for researching options,
needs and the kinds of boats that would fit our needs.

I'm requesting help in identifying these resources, preferably onlline,
that we coould use to figure out what fits our needs and budget.

Thanks in advance.

You would have to buy the book, but this one has great reviews:

http://tinyurl.com/y4o7pj

Eisboch

Cal Vanize wrote in news2d3h.482$572.480
@newsfe02.lga:

I'm requesting help in identifying these resources, preferably onlline,
that we coould use to figure out what fits our needs and budget.

Here, take a little video ride.....
http://www.amel.fr/en/pages-amel/amel54-videos.htm

My captain sold his Endeavour 35 and we brought home an Amel Sharki 41
ketch from Florida. He's decided $1M+ for the 54 is a little pricey for
tooling around the harbor...but we can all dream, right? Go watch the
movie and look at the pictures. Amel makes amazing yachts.

You won't even need a winch handle, what with all the power winches and
in-mast power roller furling....(c; Dream about that when you're
standing on the bow trying to drag down the jib in a gale and get it in
the damned bag all wet...without being dragged over the side...(c;

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt....

Call me when your 54 is delivered and I'll bring you a new STRAIGHT BLADE
screwdriver so you can unscrew damned French screws...

Larry
--
Halloween candy left over.....
Is there a downside?