Boris Beizer

Default viking ship plans ripoff

I have been burned by Terrence Jones who has been advertizing viking ship
plans. He has my money, but no plans are forthcoming. I paid him $90 for
these plans as well as some supplementary material (photos, etc.) that seem
to be stuff available at varrious web sites for free.
After many tries to reach this joker, I did a search on yahoo groups and
found that I am not alone. All would-be ship and model builders should take
warning from this.

If any one has ever received these plans from this joker, I'd like to
know about it.
If any one can give me leads to accurate plans for the gokstad ship in
1:48 or 1:50 scale, I would appreciate the lead.

thanks.

Boris Beizer

--

-------------------------------------
Boris Beizer Ph.D. Seminars and Consulting

TEL: 215-572-5580
FAX: 215-886-0144
Email

JAXAshby

if you sent money by US mail to him, write a letter of complaint of mail fraud
addressed:

Postmaster
Fraud Complaint
city st zip (where you sent the money to)

The Post Office don't likes no mail fraud no how.

[...]

Ken Sarkozy

Plans of the Oseberg and Gokstad ships, as well as those of the Gokstad
faerings can be purchased from:

Universitetet I Oslo
Institutt for Arkeologi, Kunsthistorie og Numismatikk
Oldsaksamlingens Regnskapskontor
St. Olavsgt. 29 N
0166 Oslo, Norge

I purchased my copies in 1997 for 150 Kroner, or about $21.16 (at the time)
plus $10 service charge for the currency exchange.

Plans for Gokstad Ship are in 1:50 scale. Plans for the faerings are in 1:20
scale.

Ken Sarkozy

If any one can give me leads to accurate plans for the gokstad ship in
1:48 or 1:50 scale, I would appreciate the lead.

thanks.

Boris Beizer

--

-------------------------------------
Boris Beizer Ph.D. Seminars and Consulting
1232 Glenbrook Road on Software Testing and
Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006 Quality Assurance

TEL: 215-572-5580
FAX: 215-886-0144
Email

Boris Beizer

"Ken Sarkozy" wrote in message
Plans of the Oseberg and Gokstad ships, as well as those of the Gokstad
faerings can be purchased from:

Universitetet I Oslo
Institutt for Arkeologi, Kunsthistorie og Numismatikk
Oldsaksamlingens Regnskapskontor
St. Olavsgt. 29 N
0166 Oslo, Norge

I purchased my copies in 1997 for 150 Kroner, or about $21.16 (at the

time)
plus $10 service charge for the currency exchange.

Plans for Gokstad Ship are in 1:50 scale. Plans for the faerings are in

1:20
scale.

Ken Sarkozy

Thank you Ken. That is precisely the information I was looking for. How
are these plans? Is there more to them than the nice three-view that they
sell as a poster or the three view plans that appear in the book "The Viking
Ships in Oslo." I have those, but there is just not enough detail to build
a good model.

Boris

--

-------------------------------------
Boris Beizer Ph.D. Seminars and Consulting
1232 Glenbrook Road on Software Testing and
Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006 Quality Assurance

TEL: 215-572-5580
FAX: 215-886-0144
Email

Ken Sarkozy

Boris,

Here is what I got:

Plan I: Das Gokstadschiff. Body plan, half-breadth plan, sheer plan, 1:50
scale.

Plan II: Das Gokstadschiff. Longitudinal construction plan along
centerline, showing details of mast step, ribs, location of keel scarfs.
1:50 scale.

Plan III: Das Gokstadschiff. Four transverse cross-sections of the mast
step. Longitudinal cross-section of the mast step at centerline. Plan view
construction drawing of mast step. Cross-section of Frame 1 (fastening of
rudder) and Frame 19 (most forward full frame). 1:50 scale.

Plan IV: Gokstadboot 1. 6-oared Faering, Body plan, sheer plan,
half-breadth plan. 1:20 scale.

Plan V: Gokstadboot 1. 6-oared Faering. Longitudinal construction plan
along centerline. Half-breadth construction plan. Cross-section construction
drawing showing rudder attachment. Cross-section construction drawing at
midship. Oar plan. 1:20 scale.

Plan VI: Gokstadboot 3. 4-oared Faering. Body plan, sheer plan,
half-breadth plan. 1:20 scale.

Plan VII: Gokstadboot 4(?). 4-oared Faering. Body plan construction
drawing. Longitudinal construction plan along centerline. Plan-view
construction plan. Cross-section construction drawings at rudder attachment,
midships, foremost frame and midway between midships and rudder. Plan and
cross-sections of oar. 1:20 scale.

Plan VIII: Plans and cross-sections of spars for Gokstadschiff. 1:20 scale.

Hope this helps,
Ken