Another Grizzly Summer(?) Sail

Old August 30th 04, 03:58 AM
Maxprop

Default Another Grizzly Summer(?) Sail

"katysails" wrote in message Hopefully,
September will bring some moderate winds and temperatures so we can at
least pretend there was some sort of summer this year.

Don't count on it. We've been saying that about each upcoming month all
summer long.

Max

Old August 30th 04, 09:51 AM
Scout

I hope so too. Seems that Sept-Nov is discount time on the River (if a slip
is open, they want to make something versus zero). And, as I've said before,
I love that cool sailing weather.
Scout

"katysails" wrote
[snip]

Old August 30th 04, 02:05 PM
Scott Vernon

Sept. Oct. is the best time for sailing on the Chessy Bay. Good winds,
the bugs are gone, not many stinkpotters, low humidity. The one
drawback- it gets dark too early.

Scotty

Old August 30th 04, 04:30 PM
Bobsprit

Sept. Oct. is the best time for sailing on the Chessy Bay.

Scotty Potti read this in a magazine.

RB
Old August 30th 04, 04:30 PM
Bobsprit

The one
drawback- it gets dark too early.

How is this a drawback? Oh, yeah. Scotty Potti is afraid to sail at night.

RB
Old September 1st 04, 03:23 PM
Seahag

"Scott Vernon" wrote:
Sept. Oct. is the best time for sailing on the Chessy Bay. Good winds,
the bugs are gone, not many stinkpotters, low humidity. The one
drawback- it gets dark too early.

Have you noticed the water clearing up where you are? We've been seeing a
lot of little mussels on boat bottoms this summer, quite unusual. Seems
several of the creeks hereabouts are being filtered by these little buggers,
even to the point where subaquatic vegetation is growing back!! Our diver
buddy said he had 10' vis in Spa Creek!!!

Seahag

Old September 1st 04, 03:41 PM
Thom Stewart

Haggy,

You worry about short Days on the Chessy, you should be sailing in the
higher Latitudes. Once we go back on Std Time almost every sail is a
night sail coming home.

You are right about the better sailing.

Hope that new storm heading your way doesn't get you to bad.

Ole Thom

Old September 1st 04, 04:00 PM
Seahag

"Thom Stewart" wrote:

Hope that new storm heading your way doesn't get you to bad.

We're ready for it...all I have to do is take down the umbrella and pull the
wheel off of what's left of the steering pedestal!

Seahag

Old September 1st 04, 04:00 PM
Pony Express

The water has been exceptionally clear this year.
You can clearly see the bottom in 4' in Hawk Cove.
S.
"Seahag" wrote in message
:

Old September 2nd 04, 05:38 PM
Seahag

We need some of those giant oysters!

Seahag

"Pony Express" wrote:
The water has been exceptionally clear this year.
You can clearly see the bottom in 4' in Hawk Cove.
S.
"Seahag" :
:
: Have you noticed the water clearing up where you
are? We've been seeing a
: lot of little mussels on boat bottoms this
summer, quite unusual. Seems
: several of the creeks hereabouts are being
filtered by these little buggers,
: even to the point where subaquatic vegetation is
growing back!! Our diver
: buddy said he had 10' vis in Spa Creek!!!

Q: sail design and keel Morgan Ohlson Boat Building 5 August 25th 04 08:38 PM
SAILING GROUNDS Capt. Mooron ASA 135 July 4th 04 05:52 PM
tyvek (long) William R. Watt Boat Building 2 June 30th 04 05:09 AM
The future of yacht design - 10 myths scotched Frank ASA 0 June 28th 04 02:42 PM
Birds nests in sail folds?? Steve Cruising 9 September 18th 03 03:14 AM