So the boat sank....

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 28th 09, 04:21 PM posted to alt.sailing.asa
barret bonden

Default So the boat sank....

So the boat sank , and was raised , and now sits on the hard where I can
buy it for 1/40th of it's prior cost. Hull is fine, sails are good, friends
tell me they can save the engine and the whole cabin is covered in fine
teak; beautiful.

My girlfriend told me the cabin smelled horrid , and I ignored her till
yesterday when I brought an old sailor on board and he said : " It smells
horrid, it's oil and fuel, it's everywhere, and you'll never get it out of
the teak. Never. You'll have to strip it down to the fiberglass. Throw the
boat away."

Is there any way to get diesel fuel out of wood ? Any way to clean the
inside ?