Default NBC in Washngton DC

Very often NBC here will report an assault, murder, robbery, etc, and not tell the
race or ethnicity of the perpetrator.

Today's story was of a break-in and sexual assault in PG County, again. The
newscaster described the perp as tall and thin, wearing a black mask and black shirt.
Also announced a $25000 reward for info leading to capture, etc. At no time did the
newscaster mention the race of the individual.

However, the same story, on ABC a few minutes earlier, did describe the individual as
African-American, tall and thin ... etc.

So I called NBC news. Asked them why they would mention the reward and ask for
viewers help in capturing the individual but *not* provide the information regarding
race/ethnicity which would narrow down the possibilities by a significant percent.

The response? "That information wasn't available to us." I said, "You mean you knew
he was tall and thin, wearing a black mask and shirt, but didn't get his race?"

The guy says, "Yeah."

I told him that seemed really strange, especially since ABC knew his race.

Kinda weird, but that's almost a nightly occurrence for NBC hereabouts.
--

Guns don't cause problems.
Gun owner behavior causes problems.

"John H." wrote:
[...]

I'll bet the ABC coverage that mentioned race gave you your first woody of
the year. You're a sad racist sack.
--
Sent from my iPhone 6+

On Wednesday, July 29, 2015 at 3:05:47 PM UTC-7, Keyser Söze wrote:
"John H." wrote:
[...]

I'd bet you got a "woody by simply making that response. You're a filthy and sorry POS.

On 29 Jul 2015 22:05:44 GMT, Keyser Söze wrote:

"John H." wrote:
[...]

PG County assaults/murders/robberies are in the news almost every night. There is
nothing stimulating about them, although I see where your mind went at their mention.

"John H." wrote:
[...]

I rarely watch any local channel's local news, and if I did, I wouldn't
call a news outlet to find out why it didn't bring up the race of a perp
or a victim. You really, truly are a racist piece of ****.

"John H." wrote:
[...]

He does tend to keep his mind twixt his legs.

"John H." wrote:
[...]

A member of a great club - Republicans.

How're the owls, liar?

"John H." wrote:
[...]

It's very telling that your right-wing buddy, TommyStinkyfingers, gives
you a pass on your racism. I'm glad I put him in my permanent bozo bin a
long time ago.

"John H." wrote:
[...]

Especially when he speaks of his homosexual fantasies.

"John H." wrote:
[...]

Keester, you don't know how many of us are having a blast laughing at twits like you. But you may have a good idea.