posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Yanmar engine oil

Anyone using synthetic motor oil? API of CD, CE, higher? Can you use a C*-4?
Anyone else have a 2GM20F engine?

TIA

Scout

posted to alt.sailing.asa

I have a Yanmar 2GM and I just buy a top quality 30W regular oil which
is what Yanmar recomends. I also use a Yanmar filter but have also
used FRAM.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Scotty" wrote
| Right you are Edgar. Do you know what Delo 100 is?

I do. It comes in blue gallon jugs. It's for diesel 18-wheelers. It's
the best stuff for any diesel motor. I found a half a gallon on the road
one time. I put some on my rusty bike chain. It turned all black but got
rid of the rust and it lasted forever.

Cheers,
Ellen

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Not sure of the actual viscosityof Delo 100. Long time ago when I was
researching diesel lubricants it was RPM Delo. good stuff thpough, even
then. sure to be better now.

. ..

"Scout" wrote in message
Anyone using synthetic motor oil? API of CD, CE, higher?

Can
you use a C*-4?
Anyone else have a 2GM20F engine?

TIA

Scout

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Scotty wrote:
Right you are Edgar. Do you know what Delo 100 is?

Scotty

I use Royal Purple. It's good stuff.

Joe

"Scout" wrote in message
Anyone using synthetic motor oil? API of CD, CE, higher?

Can
you use a C*-4?
Anyone else have a 2GM20F engine?

TIA

Scout

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Scotty or Jeff,
Do you have an oil filter part number? Fram or whatever.

I just ran 3 gallons of anti-freeze through the sea-water side and collected
it in a bucket, poured it back into the 3 jugs and put it away for next
year's winterizing.

Scout

"Scout" wrote in message
Anyone using synthetic motor oil? API of CD, CE, higher? Can
you use a C*-4?
Anyone else have a 2GM20F engine?

TIA

Scout

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Scout wrote:
Scotty or Jeff,
Do you have an oil filter part number? Fram or whatever.

When I bought the boat there was a site that claimed that most of the
third party filters were worthless. When this was verified by my most
frugal boating buddy, I bought a bushel of authentic Yanmar filters
and I'm still going through them.

If you want a Fram, I'm sure West has the chart.

I just ran 3 gallons of anti-freeze through the sea-water side and collected
it in a bucket, poured it back into the 3 jugs and put it away for next
year's winterizing.

So now you have some antifreeze that's been diluted an arbitrary
amount. I usually suck up about a gallon, then open the valve on the
Vetus waterlock muffler. I usually remove the water pump and
sometimes the exhaust elbow.

Yanmar water pump with metal impeller... Help with ....which engine? [email protected] Cruising 1 October 5th 06 10:09 AM
Yanmar advice needed Don W Cruising 17 May 21st 06 06:20 AM
Engine coupler Proxy General 14 July 17th 05 06:13 AM
Loss pf Power problem with Yanmar Engine Jerry Poore General 3 June 26th 04 01:42 AM
power vs sail O:P\) Cruising 36 March 18th 04 03:27 AM