posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Hey Douglas - Evelyn report

A few of Ringmaster's crew joined up with folks from Dier Wolf (Evelyn
32) last night for a little Wednesday night action. We got caught too
far away from the line at the start but managed to pass most of the
fleet before the first turning mark. The boat has a great cockpit for
racing and accelerates like crazy out of a tack even in 8-10kts true.
Only problem is that 96 rating. You gotta be out in front big time.
I'd buy one. Cheap way into the 'A' fleet.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"DSK" wrote in message
Ringmaster wrote:
A few of Ringmaster's crew joined up with folks from Dier Wolf (Evelyn
32) last night for a little Wednesday night action. We got caught too
far away from the line at the start

Light air & current will do that to you. Or cute chicks in passing
motorboats.

... but managed to pass most of the
fleet before the first turning mark. The boat has a great cockpit for
racing and accelerates like crazy out of a tack even in 8-10kts true.
Only problem is that 96 rating. You gotta be out in front big time.
I'd buy one. Cheap way into the 'A' fleet.

True, most "A" fleets wouldn't let a Stiletto cat in.

But I may already have a boat:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ABCA%3AUS%3A31

http://tinyurl.com/hbs23

Time will tell, I gotta email the guy and find out if he wants to let it
go and if it's ready to sail down here. If all those hoops get jumped
thru, then I gotta find somebody who'll sail it down with me before we get
another hurricane.

Loco, I would also like to say a public 'Thank You' for your advice &
guidance during this wild goose chase.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Funny you guys should mention these two particular boats, we raced against
both at Bay Week, they gave us fits, both being slightly faster than their
rating, especially noticeable in the case of the Tripp, as their rating is
identical to ours. We partied with the guys from the Tripp, can probably put
you in touch with the owner.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...31781966AasexP

John Cairns

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Scotty" wrote:
Call me.

Scotty

What would you prefer me to call you? Asshole comes to mind rather quickly!

LP

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Time will tell, I gotta email the guy and find out if he
wants to let it go and if it's ready to sail down here. If
all those hoops get jumped thru, then I gotta find somebody
who'll sail it down with me before we get another hurricane.

Looks like you have to bust that reserve price before any hoop jumping
can start. Good looking boat but that's certainly more boat than your
WERE talking about. If that deal falls thru there's a S29.1 in this
months Spin Sheet for $17,000 and the seller says it's in great
condition and ready to go.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

What would you prefer me to call you? Asshole comes to mind rather
quickly!
LP .

If you can't add to the thread forget trying to be a Boob****.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

http://www.spinsheet.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

... then I gotta find somebody
who'll sail it down with me before we get another
hurricane.

Scotty wrote:
Call me.

Deal.

I may end up getting a boat closer to your place anyway.

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

Ringmaster wrote:
Looks like you have to bust that reserve price before any hoop jumping
can start.

We'll see. It's an awesome boat, it's got a lot of cool
stuff and is currently being sailed, not laid up... but
shall we say there are some gaps in the equipment list. I
assume there's a reason why it's listed on Ebay instead of
being snapped up by a local buyer

BTW it doesn't have the wind vane any more, which would come
in handy on the delivery.

... Good looking boat but that's certainly more boat than your
WERE talking about.

Yes and the price is one reason why I'm considering that
much boat. It's less than a brand-new Lightning (not that
I'm seriously considering another one of those).

... If that deal falls thru there's a S29.1 in this
months Spin Sheet for $17,000 and the seller says it's in great
condition and ready to go.

OK thanks for the tip... We read Spinsheet but didn't spot
that one.

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

John Cairns wrote:
Funny you guys should mention these two particular boats, we raced against
both at Bay Week, they gave us fits, both being slightly faster than their
rating, especially noticeable in the case of the Tripp, as their rating is
identical to ours. We partied with the guys from the Tripp, can probably put
you in touch with the owner.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...31781966AasexP

Earlier this year I was hesitating over a Tripp 26 and
somebody else bought it. Oh well.

They are both awesome boats, from what I have gathered the
Evelyns need some structural upgrades (the one Loco is
talking about has what looks like some first class work
already done on her) but they sail very well.

Basically what I'm looking for is a super boat at a
fire-sale price. And one day I will learn to go ahead and
not lose the deal... too much cheapskate in my blood, why
did I ever take up boating?!?

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Bwahaha! Bye Bye Bushy! Bobsprit ASA 1 June 18th 04 10:37 PM
REQ: Crack for Maxsea V10 patrice Tall Ships 1 August 2nd 03 01:53 AM