Peter Beerson

Default Sneaky Amsoil Advertising???

In rec.autos.4x4,

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 09:29:23 GMT, "Joseph P."
wrote:

Anyway, as far as Amsoil is concerned, I've had nothing but great
performance from their non-API oils for over 90,000 miles. Also, I
recently purchased this new motor oil software, Engine Oil Selector 2005
(EOS) (http://engineoilselector.com/index.html) and it calculates Amsoil
as being the top-ranked oil for every SAE viscosity Amsoil makes.

In alt.sailing.asa:

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 09:39:36 GMT, Milt wrote:

Also, I recently purchased this new motor oil
software, Engine Oil Selector 2005 (EOS)
(http://engineoilselector.com/index.html) and it calculates Amsoil as
being the top-ranked oil for every SAE viscosity Amsoil makes. Pretty cool.

So, one day after this software ("Engine Oil Selector 2005") is
announced in alt.comp.shareware, two people in two very different
groups post *exactly* the same sentence saying that Amsoil comes out
number one in every grade Amsoil makes.

Mighty suspicious. (Especially since both posts came from the same IP
address 10 minutes apart.)

The only technical person I can find associated with this software is
"M.F. Nigohosian, B.S.M.E", who is identified as the Engine Oil
Selector Software Project Manager at the company that's publishing
this software. Are there any oil company people involved at any
level?

Does anybody know who is actually behind this software? Is it a new
twist in product advertising?

Captain Lon

Peter Beerson wrote: So, one day after this software ("Engine Oil
Selector 2005") is
announced in alt.comp.shareware, two people in two very different
groups post *exactly* the same sentence saying that Amsoil comes out
number one in every grade Amsoil makes.

Mighty suspicious. (Especially since both posts came from the same IP
address 10 minutes apart.)

And don't miss Gaynzy's post from Saturday the 16th of March, 2005:

~~~~~~~~~~~
"JG" wrote in message

I've been using the Amsoil products for a while... quite happy with them.
~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you make of that????

--
Captain Lon

"Rock stars! Is there anything they don't know?" Homer Simpson

wrote:

[...]

Donal

"Captain Lon" wrote in message
snip
And don't miss Gaynzy's post from Saturday the 16th of March, 2005:

~~~~~~~~~~~
"JG" wrote in message

I've been using the Amsoil products for a while... quite happy with them.
~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you make of that????

Sounds like they should rebrand it as "Anusoil"!

Regards

Donal

Rudy Hiebert

Your concerns that will address this issue should be directed to the
corporate office. My opinion is that the source of the page you refer
to does not originate from the corporation unless my eyes are slower
than my fingers. Its validity shoud be measured by its source. If I am
wrong about assuming that its source other than what it looks like,
then I would also assume that the web site may be under construction.