Default TotalBoat Work Skiff Completed - Last Episode

Well, it's finally finished and it looks great. In the last episode
Lou takes it out and sea trials it with a Yamaha 50, runs great.

It's now listed for sale on EBAY (without outboard), and bidding is up
to $17,000 as we speak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcFv9SO_8lQ

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Classic-16-wooden-work-skiff-built-by-Louis-Sauzedde-on-Tips-from-a-Shipwright-/201900564523?hash=item2f0236202b:g:3QoAAOSw5UZY-ngE&vxp=mtr

I'd like to see it with a small center console and helm seat but then
it wouldn't be a work boat. It's too pretty for hauling crab pots or
oyster tonging in any case.

On Saturday, April 22, 2017 at 7:55:28 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Well, it's finally finished and it looks great. In the last episode
Lou takes it out and sea trials it with a Yamaha 50, runs great.

It's now listed for sale on EBAY (without outboard), and bidding is up
to $17,000 as we speak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcFv9SO_8lQ

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Classic-16-wooden-work-skiff-built-by-Louis-Sauzedde-on-Tips-from-a-Shipwright-/201900564523?hash=item2f0236202b:g:3QoAAOSw5UZY-ngE&vxp=mtr

I'd like to see it with a small center console and helm seat but then
it wouldn't be a work boat. It's too pretty for hauling crab pots or
oyster tonging in any case.

Good looking skiff, I like the way he cut in the waterline by hand without tape, Thats the old school way of doing it.

She's a bit small for tonging oyster, and the gunwales arn't wide enough to stand on for tonging

On Sun, 23 Apr 2017 09:20:05 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

She's a bit small for tonging oyster, and the gunwales arn't wide enough to stand on for tonging

===

Did you mean not high enough? I've never seen anyone stand on the
gunwhales when tonging, more often leaning against them.

wrote:

She's a bit small for tonging oyster, and the gunwales arn't wide enough to stand on for tonging

===

Did you mean not high enough? I've never seen anyone stand on the
gunwhales when tonging, more often leaning against them.

same here

www.floridamemory.com/items/show/123012

Like I said I did it for a living, but not in Fl. maybe they do it different in Fl? Looks the same to me, I worked my CB Deadrise on the James river tonging oysters with my boat.

wrote:

She's a bit small for tonging oyster, and the gunwales arn't wide enough to stand on for tonging

===

Did you mean not high enough? I've never seen anyone stand on the
gunwhales when tonging, more often leaning against them.

same here

www.floridamemory.com/items/show/123012

Like I said I did it for a living, but not in Fl. maybe they do it different in Fl? Looks the same to me, I worked my CB Deadrise on the James river tonging oysters with my boat.

Not Florida, My mother's family was in Southern Md. They had "Bay
built" boats with a wide deck in back and they usually tonged from
inside the boat from what I remember. You surely did not want to fall
in the water in the winter and the bay was nasty most of the time.

wrote:

She's a bit small for tonging oyster, and the gunwales arn't wide enough to stand on for tonging

===

Did you mean not high enough? I've never seen anyone stand on the
gunwhales when tonging, more often leaning against them.

same here

www.floridamemory.com/items/show/123012

Like I said I did it for a living, but not in Fl. maybe they do it different in Fl? Looks the same to me, I worked my CB Deadrise on the James river tonging oysters with my boat.

Like this? Looks like it might even be on the James.

http://tinyurl.com/l42uyw5

Googling 'chesapeake bay oyster tongs' will show pics of folks doing it both ways.