posted to rec.boats.building

Default Wanted looooong shop vac hose

On Sunday, May 5, 2002 at 5:41:15 AM UTC-7, woodensails wrote:
I am using sump pump hose, but I get an very loud squeal. Think length must
be resonant. Have to wear ear protectors
use a forced loop spiral hose.. not a molded one
"Glen Evans" wrote in message
om...
Who sells extra long hoses for shop vacs or couplings so that several
regular lengths can be attached to make a long one? At Home Depo, I
see replacement hoses for sale but they have no female end so I can't
connect my hose to it. I'd like a hose long enough so that I don't
need to take the shop vac up the ladder and into the boat. 30' would
be nice but 20' would do. I've wondered if the hoses for built-in
vacumn systems would have the correct size male ends.

Thanks,
Glen

posted to rec.boats.building

On Sun, 19 Jul 2015 07:43:34 -0500, "James"

"Glen Evans" wrote in message
om...
Who sells extra long hoses for shop vacs or couplings so that
several regular lengths can be attached to make a long one? At
Home Depo, I see replacement hoses for sale but they have no
female end so I can't connect my hose to it. I'd like a hose long
enough so that I don't need to take the shop vac up the ladder
and into the boat. 30' would be nice but 20' would do. I've
wondered if the hoses for built-in vacumn systems would have the
correct size male ends.

Thanks,
Glen

Try Woodcraft or Rocklers. They have all kinds of dust collector stuff.
Jim

And Raderome reponded (on 3/29/14) with this link. I just now tried
it and the link is still good, It's a supplier with hoses up to 36'.

http://remotevacuum.com/
posted to rec.boats.building

On Sunday, July 19, 2015 at 5:01:54 AM UTC-7, Ian Malcolm wrote:
wrote in
:

"Glen Evans" wrote in message
om...
Who sells extra long hoses for shop vacs or couplings so that
several regular lengths can be attached to make a long one? At Home
Depo, I see replacement hoses for sale but they have no female end
so I can't connect my hose to it. I'd like a hose long enough so
that I don't need to take the shop vac up the ladder and into the
boat. 30' would be nice but 20' would do. I've wondered if the
hoses for built-in vacumn systems would have the correct size male
ends.

Thanks,
Glen

After 13 years, one hopes Glen has either finished building the boat or
at least found a suitable hose, and that Woodensails hasn't gone deaf
from the squeal!

[at]=@, [dash]=- & [dot]=. *Warning* HTML & 32K emails -- NUL

Smart-assedness aside, I was looking for the same thing and found the link that was provided "13 years" late lead me to exactly what I, too was looking for. So, thanks for the snide remark - you totally contributed to this conversation is a most meaningful way.

Hose clamps SteveB[_2_] General 9 June 6th 09 09:27 PM
Home shop 18 - Electronic shop patriberry Electronics 0 July 16th 08 01:00 PM
Sanitation Hose Don Cruising 22 July 26th 06 12:40 AM
What gives with hose fittings? Roger Long Cruising 21 February 13th 06 07:44 AM
How do I get a hose on a fitting? Lloyd Sumpter General 21 August 22nd 03 05:43 PM