posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Robin Lee Graham's and The Sailor's Psalms

A book worth reading for sailor's is Robin Lee Graham's book "Dove"?
He was a 16 year old American boy who sailed around the world single
handed. You may enjoy it if you spent any time at sea, love sailing

or love books about travel and adventure. A brief overview of his
voyage is

@ http://www.bluemoment.com/dove.html

The sequel to the book is Robin's book "Home is the Sailor" also very
inspirational.

The Sailors's Psalms

"The Lord is my pilot, I shall not go adrift; He lighteth my passage
across dark channels; He steereth me through the deep waters, He
keepeth my log. He guideth me by the evening star for my safety's
sake. Yea, though I sail mid the thunders and tempest of life, I shall
fear no peril for Thou art with me. The vastness of thy sea upholds
me. Surely fair winds and safe harbors shall be found all the days of
my life; And I shall moor, fast, and secure, forever Amen.

Pss.107

[23] They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great
waters;
[24] These see the works of the LORD, and his wonders in the deep.
[25] For he commandeth, and raiseth the stormy wind, which lifteth up
the waves thereof.
[26] They mount up to the heaven, they go down again to the depths:
their soul is melted because of trouble.
[27] They reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man, and are at
their wits' end.
[28] Then they cry unto the LORD in their trouble, and he bringeth
them out of their distresses.
[29] He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still.
[30] Then are they glad because they be quiet; so he bringeth them
unto their desired haven.

Mark.4

[35] And the same day, when the even was come, he saith unto them, Let
us pass over unto the other side.
[36] And when they had sent away the multitude, they took him even as
he was in the ship. And there were also with him other little ships.
[37] And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into
the ship, so that it was now full.
[38] And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow:
and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we
perish?
[39] And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace,
be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.
[40] And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye
have no faith?
[41] And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner
of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 19:28:04 -0800 (PST), "Noah's Dove"
wrote:

A book worth reading for sailor's is Robin Lee Graham's book "Dove"?
He was a 16 year old American boy who sailed around the world single
handed. You may enjoy it if you spent any time at sea, love sailing

or love books about travel and adventure. A brief overview of his
voyage is

@ http://www.bluemoment.com/dove.html

The sequel to the book is Robin's book "Home is the Sailor" also very
inspirational.

Yes, made a great film in the American tradition.....Ignored the fact
that his voyage was broken by an extended stay, that he needed to be
virtually forced back onto a new boat that was bought by his backers
to continue the journey and that he really didn't want to continue
except that he had been advanced so much money.

I'd suggest that there are better books to read....

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.

Robin Lee Graham and The Sailor's Psalm Noah's Dove General 1 January 7th 09 06:01 PM
Robin Lee Graham Noah's Dove Cruising 0 December 20th 08 04:22 AM
Robin Lee Graham Noah's Dove Cruising 0 December 20th 08 04:21 AM
Robin Lee Graham's former sailboat "The Return of Dove" [email protected] General 1 September 10th 06 03:29 AM
Robin Lee Graham's former sailboat "The Return of Dove" [email protected] Cruising 0 January 23rd 06 10:07 AM