posted to alt.sailing

Default P30 Rudder Tube and Derlin Bushing

I've read all I could find on the P 30 and rudder refurbishing, but couldn't find some specific information that I need.

On hauling my new to me p30 I found the derlin bushing hanging below the fiber glass rudder tube, which explained the sloppy rudder wobble.

When I dry fitted the bushing back in the tube it was very loose(no exact measurement but probably a quarter inch or less). I'm assuming that the banging around on the tube without a bushing deformed it somewhat, but it's not cracked or anything, just very loose.

My question is whether I should I should rebuild this part of the tube with fiberglass so that it fits tighter before epoxying the bushing in place or can I just use a liberal amount of the Marinetex to fit it in the existing tube as is? Thoughts?

Fiberglass tube Garland Gray II Boat Building 24 January 17th 08 02:02 PM
Transon drain tube JB General 15 July 14th 05 09:20 PM
plugged pitot tube nfisherman Cruising 3 May 20th 04 03:07 AM
Wilderness Systems Pamlico 145T -- to rudder or not to rudder? Burton Manne General 0 April 9th 04 01:08 AM