Arleen

Default Drain Plug

Anyone ever put a drain plug in the bow? Sterns filled with foam and so my
option is the bow or somewhere mid way maybe by the seat somewhere.
TIA

Arleen

I've asked a question no one will answer? Going to put the plug near the
cockpit so if I lean the boat on it's side almost upside down the water
should come out. Hope it works out.

"Arleen" wrote in message
Anyone ever put a drain plug in the bow? Sterns filled with foam and so my
option is the bow or somewhere mid way maybe by the seat somewhere.
TIA

John Fereira

"Arleen" wrote in :

I've asked a question no one will answer? Going to put the plug near
the cockpit so if I lean the boat on it's side almost upside down the
water should come out. Hope it works out.

Hope you haven't drilled that hole yet.

For small amounts of water in the cockpit just use a sponge to get it out.
For larger amounts you can use a hand operated bilge pump. If there is so
much water in it that the boat is becoming unstable just paddle it to shore,
tip it upside down and drain the water out the cockpit opening by lifting up
the bow. If your stern floatation comes up close back of the cockpit that
should empty out most of the water.

Most boats that have drain plugs put them in the stern. You can only put
floatation in the bow up to where your feet are which leaves a lot more
space for water. A float bag in the stern can fill the space all the way up
to the back of the cockpit. Opening the valve just a bit to let out some air
allows the water to drain between the hull and the floatation.

"Arleen" wrote in message
Anyone ever put a drain plug in the bow? Sterns filled with foam and
so my option is the bow or somewhere mid way maybe by the seat
somewhere. TIA

Head and Sink Drain Horace Brownbag Cruising 13 July 5th 04 04:36 PM
Plugging Drain Hole camp Boat Building 0 April 28th 04 04:29 PM
Spark Plug on Mercury question John Addington General 3 October 4th 03 02:16 AM
Oil drain hose kits? Bob General 4 August 30th 03 05:12 AM
Optimax Spark Plug changes Ken Tanaka General 1 August 28th 03 04:07 AM