Default Zinc replacement on Yanmar 3HM/3GM series

Ian Malcolm wrote in
:

It was called YanmarGM&HMWorkshopManual.pdf and who knows it *might*
reappear somewhere. It appeared to be a slightly older version than the
current dead tree manual.

Wow...It's not even cached on Google or the other search engines.

Larry
--
Democracy is when two wolves and a sheep vote on who's for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has his own gun.

Larry wrote:
Don W wrote in news:ZB9sh.17467
:

Unfortuately my 3HM is raw water cooled.

I know someone who has a raw water cooled Yanmar in the salt. He installed
a Y-valve in the hose just up from the through hull intake. The open side
goes to his fresh water pressure system.

When he's done with the engine, leaving the engine idle to keep the
thermostat open, he closes the through hull valve to shut off the seawater,
throws the y-valve to "FLUSH", and flushes the engine with pressurized
fresh water for a few minutes, even cleaning the salt out of the waterbox
muffler, then shuts down the engine that's been heating fresh water, now,
and switches the Y-valve back to "NORMAL", leaving the seawater valve off
until he needs the engine again. Works great! Zincs last forever! He
even flushes it on the hook.

Larry

That sounds like a good idea, and its not the
first time I've heard of it. I may install
something similar when I get all the other boat
projects under control.

Since we reside at a marina, plenty of fresh water
to flush out the engine is not a problem.

Don W.

Larry wrote:
Ian Malcolm wrote in
:

It was called YanmarGM&HMWorkshopManual.pdf and who knows it *might*
reappear somewhere. It appeared to be a slightly older version than the
current dead tree manual.

Wow...It's not even cached on Google or the other search engines.

Larry

Well it was at the path /motoren/mot_pdf/yanmar/ on the site I mentioned
earlier late June last year. I tend to keep download logs . . .

[at]=@, [dash]=- & [dot]=. *Warning* HTML & 32K emails -- NUL:
'Stingo' Albacore #1554 - 15' Early 60's, Uffa Fox designed,
All varnished hot moulded wooden racing dinghy.

Here's the link--it's still up and running
http://www.motoren.ath.cx/menus/yanmar.html
I would suggest looking at the Yanmar group on Yahoo--they have a
pretty active group and the postings are informative
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Yanmar...guid=159599433
If the link fails, just go to yahoo groups and do a search for yanmar

Peter
s/v Now or Never!

Here's the link for the shop manual--it's large-60 megs
http://83.162.27.211:83/yanmar/Yanma...shopManual.pdf

Peter