Default Johnson 90HP V4 outboard - model year and power trim questions

I have a Johnson 90 V4 model # J90ELEUC

I think it's early '90s, but how can I tell the model year exactly?

The power trim just died - relays work, and there's power to the trim
motor but it doesn't run. Can the power trim unit be removed for repair
without taking the engine off the boat?

TIA

Sunny

Sunny wrote:
I have a Johnson 90 V4 model # J90ELEUC

I think it's early '90s, but how can I tell the model year exactly?

The power trim just died - relays work, and there's power to the trim
motor but it doesn't run. Can the power trim unit be removed for repair
without taking the engine off the boat?

TIA

Sunny

Sunny,

Check out this site to see if it helps. Enter the info you have and
see what comes up.

-Jim

Boaterdude wrote:
Sunny wrote:
I have a Johnson 90 V4 model # J90ELEUC

I think it's early '90s, but how can I tell the model year exactly?

The power trim just died - relays work, and there's power to the trim
motor but it doesn't run. Can the power trim unit be removed for
repair without taking the engine off the boat?

TIA

Sunny

Sunny,

Check out this site to see if it helps. Enter the info you have and
see what comes up.

-Jim

Oops, I think the link itself will help a lot...

http://www.marineengine.com/parts/parts.php

-Jim

Boaterdude wrote:
Boaterdude wrote:
Sunny wrote:
I have a Johnson 90 V4 model # J90ELEUC

I think it's early '90s, but how can I tell the model year exactly?

The power trim just died - relays work, and there's power to the trim
motor but it doesn't run. Can the power trim unit be removed for
repair without taking the engine off the boat?

TIA

Sunny

Sunny,

Check out this site to see if it helps. Enter the info you have and
see what comes up.

-Jim

Oops, I think the link itself will help a lot...

http://www.marineengine.com/parts/parts.php

-Jim

Thanks Jim!

So now I know it's a 1997 model.

Anyone know if the power trim unit on a 1997 Johnson 90HP can be removed