dixon

Default Boat won't get on plane

Here's a good one that I heard the other day at a marine dealership. As I
was waiting my turn for a salesman, I overheard a customer complaining that
the boat and outboard motor he had just purchased had a problem. He said
when the salesman demoed it for him it seemed to run just fine, but when he
took his wife out he couldn't get the boat on plane. The customer and
salesman went on talking about propellors and motor issues such as was the
choke partially on? He sounded like he wanted his money back on the rig.
After a short time I was in another room and overheard this discussion
between two salesmen and the manager. "Did you ask him how much she weighs?"
2nd. salesman "I'm not asking him , you ask him." 3rd salesman " Don't look
at me, I'm not doing it."

Dixon

Donny

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 15:09:04 GMT, "dixon"
wrote:

Here's a good one that I heard the other day at a marine dealership. As I
was waiting my turn for a salesman, I overheard a customer complaining that
the boat and outboard motor he had just purchased had a problem. He said
when the salesman demoed it for him it seemed to run just fine, but when he
took his wife out he couldn't get the boat on plane.

Maybe it's afraid to fly? My boat hates flying, but it's more of a
cruiser anyway.

The customer and
salesman went on talking about propellors and motor issues such as was the
choke partially on? He sounded like he wanted his money back on the rig.
After a short time I was in another room and overheard this discussion
between two salesmen and the manager. "Did you ask him how much she weighs?"
2nd. salesman "I'm not asking him , you ask him." 3rd salesman " Don't look
at me, I'm not doing it."

Dixon

If she's IS the problem, ask her to sit up front 'cause you enjoy
looking at her. That'll get the nose down.

Donny

www.picturetrail.com/sixbennetts

Matt Lang

"dixon" wrote in message news:kqksd.191349$HA.13037@attbi_s01...
Here's a good one that I heard the other day at a marine dealership. As I
was waiting my turn for a salesman, I overheard a customer complaining that
the boat and outboard motor he had just purchased had a problem. He said
when the salesman demoed it for him it seemed to run just fine, but when he
took his wife out he couldn't get the boat on plane. The customer and
salesman went on talking about propellors and motor issues such as was the
choke partially on? He sounded like he wanted his money back on the rig.
After a short time I was in another room and overheard this discussion
between two salesmen and the manager. "Did you ask him how much she weighs?"
2nd. salesman "I'm not asking him , you ask him." 3rd salesman " Don't look
at me, I'm not doing it."

Dixon

And there we can see it again that motor HP should grow together with
the wifes weight!
Hahahahahaha

Matt
Dave Hall

wrote:

Here's a good one that I heard the other day at a marine dealership. As I
was waiting my turn for a salesman, I overheard a customer complaining that
the boat and outboard motor he had just purchased had a problem. He said
when the salesman demoed it for him it seemed to run just fine, but when he
took his wife out he couldn't get the boat on plane. The customer and
salesman went on talking about propellors and motor issues such as was the
choke partially on? He sounded like he wanted his money back on the rig.
After a short time I was in another room and overheard this discussion
between two salesmen and the manager. "Did you ask him how much she weighs?"
2nd. salesman "I'm not asking him , you ask him." 3rd salesman " Don't look
at me, I'm not doing it."

"Let's get Mikey. He'll do it. He'll ask anything".

Dave

Bought a Reinel 26' FamilySailor ASA 290 August 11th 04 02:29 PM
What's a good sail boat to buy to live on? Wilfred Johnson Cruising 8 July 7th 04 01:57 AM
oday 25, for the beginner or not? Phracktal Cruising 12 June 7th 04 05:43 AM
rec.boats.paddle sea kayaking FAQ [email protected] General 0 February 16th 04 11:02 AM
rec.boats.paddle sea kayaking FAQ [email protected] General 0 January 16th 04 10:19 AM