George and Vicki Hamilton

Default Removing Adhesive from Sail Numbers on sail

I bought a used sail that had stick-on sail numbers. Before putting on new
numbers, I would like to remove the adhesive residue from the sail. Does
anyone have a suggestion as to what to use to remove the glue without
damaging the sail?

I had the same problem some years ago. My sailmaker told me to take a razor
blade and work at lifting the numbers/logos off and then take acetone to
remove the embedded adhesive. Well I started the job but I gave up within
15 mins. I took the sail in and they removed all numbers/logos.

stu

"George and Vicki Hamilton" wrote in message
I bought a used sail that had stick-on sail numbers. Before putting on

new
numbers, I would like to remove the adhesive residue from the sail. Does
anyone have a suggestion as to what to use to remove the glue without
damaging the sail?

MonteP

Naptha(ordinary lighter fluid) removes most label adhesives.

Monte
"adam" wrote in
.cable.rogers.com:

we use paint thinnner and a whole lotta of gentle rubbing, sure is a
pain in the a**

good luck!

"matt colie" wrote in message
That adhesive has always come right off with brake parts cleaaner for
the carparts store (an lots of paper towels) for me.

Fair wind and Smooth Sea
Matt