Capt. Frank Hopkins

Default lifting strakes on pontoon boats

Hi Doug,

A few years back, before 9-11 screwed the industry up, I bought a Crest
25' with the HPT package. It had lifting strakes and a vee bottom
pontoon. The trouble with the boat was it was too damn fast! And not too
stable in wind either. I could envision a renter ramming a Searay at 50+...

Capt. Frank Hopkins

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~aartworks

doug wrote:

I am looking at a 22 foot sanpan pontoon boat with the performance
package added. This includes lifting strakes on the pontoons. The
boat will come with a 115 hp motor as well. Do the lifting strakes
make any difference? Positive or Negative.