Alex

Default World Water Speed Record Attempt - progress report.

Present holder Ken Warby, got his new boat wet for the first time last
weekend at Taree in Australia.
It was only ever going to be a very gentle run to make sure it floated
anyway.
On Thursday the boat was not keen on coming onto the plane and sprayed
water into the engine. Some work saw it re emerge on Sunday, and it
would not start in the water. They pulled it out, and fired it up on the
trailer, it was only 10 minutes before sundown, so they did not put the
engine cowl back on, and put it back in the water.

Started and did a very low speed pass, which while not very exciting,
means it floats and runs. After a couple of days of dissapointment, must
have made him feel better anyway.

So with some testing and probably more work, and some water in Blowering
Dam (its very low) looks like it will be happening.

For the uninformed, Ken set the present record of 317mph near 25 years
ago. On a TV interview he said the rudder on the new boat cost more than
the entire boat he set the present record with. He is an Australian
living in the USA, but he wants to raise the record in Australia.

He has a web site at http://www.kenwarby.com/

Mike J.

25 Years ago???? Can't be that long.
BK when was it....
Mike J

Alex

6th October 1978
Bowering Dam
Australia

Mike J. wrote:
25 Years ago???? Can't be that long.
BK when was it....
Mike J

Mike J.

Is that KEN WARBYs Record, It just dosn't
feel that much time had gone by.
Mike J.

J C

Alex

So its not just me that thinks time speeds up as you get older?
It now seems hardly worthwhile putting the heater away at the end of
winter, as its only 7 momths till I need it out again

First time I thought to myself "I am getting old" was when I thought
about something and it was 20 years ago, now I remember things from 40
years ago.