Calif Bill

Default Good weekend, except for one little cover problem.

Took the boat up to a small lake near Yosemite for the weekend. Beautiful
lake, and down about 6' from full. Is at 4700' elevation, so do lose some
power. Lake water was about 79 degrees and Cherry Creek, coming in was
about 60. Caught a few fish and had some nice tubing and skiing with
friends. Only downer of the weekend, is come back to the campground
Saturday and my custom boat cover is missing. Still gone. There were
chances of thunder showers and looked like to the North they had some
thunderheads and a small forest fire. Maybe someone figured they needed a
good tarp. Well, I called BoatUs yesterday and they say get an estimate and
fax it. Then an adjuster will contact you in 72 hours or less. Sounds
like good service. Figure a new Topgun snap down cover is probably in the
$700-1k range. And not even the old cover for a pattern. I did have the
cover reinforced and some seams redone 2 years ago. Did have a good time
even with at least one Ahole around.
Bill

back with a problem now Nancy General 14 August 2nd 03 04:43 AM
Just How Safe Do You Feel? Doug Kanter General 34 July 13th 03 06:14 PM