Jeff

Default Stuck Duoprop

I have twin Volvo Duoprop outdrives.
I recently took my boat in for service and found out the mechanic could not
get the props off of my outdrives. He told me that this is a super common
problem with that drive and due to sal****er getting in the prop splines and
freezing things up. They usually use a puller to get the prop off of the
hub and cut the hub with a sawzaw! I don't want to ruin my pricey
stainless props. Anybody out there got any tips.
Thanks
Jeff

tony thomas

1. Why do the props need to be removed? Is there a problem w/ the lower
unit seals that require this? If not - don't worry about it for now. You
can cut them off when you have to.

2. Usually a puller will remove the prop without tearing it up if the
puller is attached to the hub properly. Use a small amount of heat on the
prop to heat up the hub if you have to. Too much heat and you will melt the
hub and/or the seals.

--
Tony
my boats and cars at http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com