TORMAC53

Default Wellcraft-24'-how much does it weigh?

I am trying to help a friend find out how much a 1980's wellcraft 24' with
outboard engine weighs. She want to put it on davits at her new home but does
not know the weight. Her husband passed away recently and she is good with the
boat, but does not know where this info is.
The threshold seems to be under 6,000lbs or over. As that is what the davits
are thought to hold. Any help on the number or where to find it.
Larry

Is it on a trailer? Take the whole thing to a nearby weigh scale, then
remove the boat (launch it), and weigh the trailer alone. Your calculator
will reveal the correct answer.

Glad to help.

(¯`·._.· £ãrrÿ ·._.·´¯)

"TORMAC53" wrote in message
I am trying to help a friend find out how much a 1980's wellcraft 24' with
outboard engine weighs. She want to put it on davits at her new home but

does
not know the weight. Her husband passed away recently and she is good with

the
boat, but does not know where this info is.
The threshold seems to be under 6,000lbs or over. As that is what the

davits
are thought to hold. Any help on the number or where to find it.

Brian Whatcott

Weighing the trailer with and without the boat should give a value
around 90% of the boat's weight. 10% should bear on the hitch.

Brian W

"TORMAC53" wrote in message
I am trying to help a friend find out how much a 1980's wellcraft 24' with
outboard engine weighs. She want to put it on davits at her new home but

does
not know the weight. Her husband passed away recently and she is good with

the
boat, but does not know where this info is.
The threshold seems to be under 6,000lbs or over. As that is what the

davits
are thought to hold. Any help on the number or where to find it.

William R. Watt

you can weigh the boat with a bathroom scale and a beam.
place the beam under the boat's centre of gravity and use a block of wood
as a fulcrum and the beam as a lever. do a rough calculation before hand
with a weight larger than any reasonable weight for the boat to get an
intial placement for the fulcrum. This is how TF Jones weigths the boats
he builds. good luck.

TORMAC53 ) writes:
I am trying to help a friend find out how much a 1980's wellcraft 24' with
outboard engine weighs. She want to put it on davits at her new home but does
not know the weight. Her husband passed away recently and she is good with the
boat, but does not know where this info is.
The threshold seems to be under 6,000lbs or over. As that is what the davits
are thought to hold. Any help on the number or where to find it.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm

RG

Not exactly your answer..but a point of reference, at least :

From: BROADSTBUL )
Subject: Need new motor/Grady White
Original Format
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: 1998/07/13

I'm estimating your boat weight to be somewhere in the neighborhood of
2300lbs.
That would make it the same a my 21 wellcraft that I bought new in 93' which
was equipped with a Yamaha 150. I don't know about now but back in 93'&94' I
had a I had a dealer/service tech. (that sold all 4 top
brands,Johnson-evinrude-merc.-and yamaha)tell me that Yamaha was the best
motor
on the market PERIOD. And if price was any indication, the yammy was the
highest. Well here we are in 98' and My yamaha has not had one single
problem.
I can think of two friends off the top of my head that went with OMC(johnson
or
evinrude) that were dead in the water within two years. When I move up in a
couple of years I will be hard pressed to choose anything but the yamaha.

Just my 2-cents

----

Darin plugs on a Wellcraft 192 NYCBoldest General 1 July 20th 04 06:21 AM
1988 Wellcraft Mercruiser Boat FOR SALE bomar General 0 July 18th 04 03:19 PM
1988 Wellcraft Antigua 265 Bob D. General 0 May 20th 04 06:56 PM
Baja, Wellcraft, ect... ray628 General 3 March 11th 04 01:19 AM
Opinions on a 1987 Wellcraft Monte Carlo 28' Mike General 5 August 8th 03 02:20 PM