Default Kettle to boil water

At purchased a new SS kettle. When I pick up the kettle I had to be
careful. Many kettle bottom rolled up rims were kinked. On the bottom was
the name "REVERE" (Easy pour model) made in China stamped in the stainless
steel.
I was all excited and anxious to get home to test it. The boiling test were
disappointing. On an electrical stove top it took 8 minutes and 50 seconds
to bring 1 quart of water to a boil. When pouring boiled water into a cup
with the Easy pour "REVERE" the steam burned my hand. My wife tried it with
the same result. I then returned it to the store. At customer service the
lady asked me why?
As I was about to tell them why the lady said you do not have to tell me I
know why, It burns your hand when pouring!!

"Matt O'Toole" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 17:12:02 -0400, Bill Kearney wrote:

If you have a generator, then you must have fuel.

Wrong. It would be incredibly impractical, not to mention outright
dangerous, to use gasoline or diesel as a fuel for cooking stoves.

I agree about gasoline, but diesel stoves have been used successfully
aboard boats for decades, if not a century. The only problem is they're
smoky and smelly. Kerosene is the same but a little cleaner.

One
could also argue against propane or alcohol stoves for the other dangers
they present.

Alcohol fires can be put out with water. Propane is fine as long as you
use good equipment and keep it in good repair. If it was really so
dangerous, boats would be exploding all over the place -- and they aren't.

Matt O.

wrote in message
[...]

If it's any help, I have a Le Cruset kettle that I've been quite happy with
for many years, both on the boat and off. No seams that I can find, nicely
balanced and a nice loud whistle. I'm not offering to sell it, but you might
take a look at new ones. :-)

"Might try revereware.com for #."
Thanks for the URL and the Modle number.
I have looked at it and it appears to fit the bill.
Here in eastern Canada I have not seen any model #3527017.
I have added this one to my shopping list. Maybe when visit eastern US I'll
have more luck,
If not I'll try Amazon.

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
nk.net...
wrote:
[...]

An unfortunate experience.

What you are describing would not happen with the product I'm describing,
a whistling tea kettle, maybe it was a different Revere product.

Might try revereware.com for #3527017.

Even Amazon has it for $25.00

Lew

Revere was bought out by Corning a few years a go and all manufacturing
went off shore.