Default Cost of keeping A 45 foot boat at a marina

On Tuesday, 30 April 2013 00:22:57 UTC-3, *e#c wrote:
On Apr 29, 12:09*am, wrote:

Can someone give me an idea, how much would it cost to keep a boat at

a marina year round (including winter storage). This should not

include variable costs like diesel fuel used for trips. Just the cost

of mooring and necessary maintenance. hanks

In todays world....VERY expensive.

Well, that was an intelligent, well thought out and helpful response.

On 4/29/2013 11:24 PM, *e#c wrote:
On Apr 29, 2:32 pm, True North wrote:
On Monday, 29 April 2013 12:15:29 UTC-3, John H wrote:
On Mon, 29 Apr 2013 10:11:23 -0400, Wayne B wrote:

On Mon, 29 Apr 2013 02:39:37 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

That does not include the cost of winterization, hauling or shrink

wrapping.

=======

And those costs can be very significant on a 45 ft boat, easily 1 or 2

thousand at many boatyards. Then you also need to add in the cost of

spring commissioning and bottom painting, another 2 or 3 thousand,

possibly more. Last but not least, don't forget insurance. That

depends on the value of the boat, size of the deductible, type of

policy and the scope of your boating area - at least a couple of

thousand for a typical 45, probably more. Routine maintenance costs

for engines and generators will also add another 1 or 2 thousand, much

more if major work is required. On top of all that add in at least 5

to 10 percent of the purchase price for outfitting the boat the way

you want it in the first year of ownership - seemingly little things

like dock lines and fenders add up fast, and big things like

electronics, dinghies and outboards add up really fast.

I just knew there was a good reason I downsized to an 18'er on a trailer on a parking lot in a

Marine Base!

--

John

Poor boat...spending all it's time baking on black asphalt when it should be spashed once in a while.

Ya, just like YOURS in your ****ing LANEWAY...ASSGASKET.

SHUT THE **** UP, you add NOTHING.

What's a laneway?

On Tuesday, 30 April 2013 09:17:37 UTC-3, Hank© wrote:

I remember seeing your boat with the 5 ft beam wedged tightly between

your house and your neighbors. Is that an asphalt driveway the trailer

is parked on?

Sure that was me?
Picture Snottie likes to post in an attempt to criminally harass, showed a DRIVEWAY... not a laneway.

On 4/30/2013 8:07 AM, True North wrote:
On Tuesday, 30 April 2013 08:49:00 UTC-3, Hank© wrote:
On 4/29/2013 11:24 PM, *e#c wrote:

[...]

I certainly don't have one. Maybe Simple Slammer is confusing me with someone else.

On 4/30/2013 9:14 AM, True North wrote:
On Tuesday, 30 April 2013 09:17:37 UTC-3, Hank© wrote:

I remember seeing your boat with the 5 ft beam wedged tightly between

your house and your neighbors. Is that an asphalt driveway the trailer

is parked on?

Sure that was me?
Picture Snottie likes to post in an attempt to criminally harass, showed a DRIVEWAY... not a laneway.

Day 0 since donnie lied and trolled someone who isn't posting here...

On 4/30/13 9:48 AM, JustWaitAFrekinMinute wrote:
On 4/30/2013 9:14 AM, True North wrote:
On Tuesday, 30 April 2013 09:17:37 UTC-3, Hank© wrote:

I remember seeing your boat with the 5 ft beam wedged tightly between

your house and your neighbors. Is that an asphalt driveway the trailer

is parked on?

Sure that was me?
Picture Snottie likes to post in an attempt to criminally harass,
showed a DRIVEWAY... not a laneway.

Day 0 since donnie lied and trolled someone who isn't posting here...

Someone who isn't posting here...and that would be...???

Wouldn't be you, because you are posting here.

On Tuesday, 30 April 2013 10:54:20 UTC-3, F.O.A.D. wrote:
On 4/30/13 9:48 AM, JustWaitAFrekinMinute wrote:

On 4/30/2013 9:14 AM, True North wrote:

On Tuesday, 30 April 2013 09:17:37 UTC-3, Hank© wrote:

I remember seeing your boat with the 5 ft beam wedged tightly between

your house and your neighbors. Is that an asphalt driveway the trailer

is parked on?

Sure that was me?

Picture Snottie likes to post in an attempt to criminally harass,

showed a DRIVEWAY... not a laneway.

Day 0 since donnie lied and trolled someone who isn't posting here...

Someone who isn't posting here...and that would be...???

Wouldn't be you, because you are posting here.

Lil Snottie is copying IBoaters style with the day countdown.
You'd thing an Internet provicer troubleshooter would at least try to be a bit original.

On 4/29/2013 9:11 AM, Wayne B wrote:
[...]

Yes, my recommendation to people is always the same,
"get a friend with a boat"
Mikek

On Tue, 30 Apr 2013 09:03:19 -0700 (PDT), True North
wrote:

Lil Snottie is copying IBoaters style with the day countdown.

====

Both of you guys should stop peeing on each other's shoes and find
something better to do with your time - boating perhaps.