Default Sail Ho!

(I guess Harry's case that would have to be, "Sail, Yo Ho!")

Here's some information from a company that is peddling sails for
powerboats! :-)

**************

Kit-Cats Announces a 92-meter Kite Sail for Power Boats
We test this new Kite Sail on a 42-foot Africat 420

Merritt Island, FL Aug 02, 2005 A Kit-Cat boat is a unique entry into
the boating industry, mainly because it's a catamaran boat that can be
built by the buyer. If building a boat is not a priority, Kit-Cats can
build the boat for you.

With this experience, Kit-Cats strives to get the most performance out
of every boat they build, while keeping cost down which is what
motivates the owners in developing new products. With that said, the
owners helped design a unique product called; Kite Sail. This new sail
will pull most any boat through the water at half the wind speed, or
better.

We recently tested a 92-meter Kite Sail and with only 7-knots of wind
showed a 3.9-knot hull speed, from our GPS. This speed was realized
from a boat that weighed 14-tons. On much lighter boats, we measured a
hull speed in the 9.5-knot range with a 12-knot wind. We recomend that
the Kite Sail not be used below 10-knots, but this shows how efficient
this sail can be. What makes this product so unique is that it can be
used on a power or sail boat. Please visit our web site for more
details.

There are plans on installing these Kite Sails on ocean-going cargo
ships. This new sail could save a great deal of fuel.

A Unique New Boat Builder
Kit-Cats is a new boat builder with experience derived from the
aircraft industry. Aerocomp Inc., is the parent company and they have
been buiding piston, turbine and jet aircraft since 1994.
If you have questions about this press release or client, please
contact: Bill Fedorko, Cell; 310-739- 4436 Office; 321-453-7175 or

Learn more...

About Kit-Cats
Kit-Cats brings an innovative and affordable new approach to the luxury
power-sailing and yachting market. Drawing from a background of
extensive recreational cruising and a highly successful business in the
custom-built high performance aviation market partners Steve Young and
Ron Lueck of Merritt Island, FL have now made it possible to own a
meticulously crafted multihull cruising yacht at a substantially
reduced price.

Website:
http://www.Kit-Cats.com
About Aerocomp Inc.

Aerocomp Inc., a manufacturer of kit airplanes having 2 to 10 seats and
was among the first kit companies to begin utilizing turbine power for
their kits. Aerocomp is one of the oldest kit manufacturers in the
United States and has shipped over 600 kits world-wide

Website: http://www.aerocompinc.com

Kit-Cats
Bill Fedorko
Media Relations
email:
321-453-7175 310-739-4436 Aerocomp Inc.
Bill Fedorko
Media Relations
email:

phone: (321) 453-6641

Kit-Cats and Aerocomp Inc., is a registered trademark in the United
States and

*JimH*

wrote in message
oups.com...
(I guess Harry's case that would have to be, "Sail, Yo Ho!")

Here's some information from a company that is peddling sails for
powerboats! :-)

snip

No thanks! I love being able to whip around at 45+ mph with my boat,
especially on windless days. ;-)

rotating sprit sail William R. Watt Cruising 0 September 2nd 04 09:16 PM
Q: sail design and keel Morgan Ohlson Boat Building 5 August 25th 04 08:38 PM
SAILING GROUNDS Capt. Mooron ASA 135 July 4th 04 05:52 PM
tyvek (long) William R. Watt Boat Building 2 June 30th 04 05:09 AM
The future of yacht design - 10 myths scotched Frank ASA 0 June 28th 04 02:42 PM