prodigal1

Default Aqua4gen/Aerogen

anyone using one of these?
got an opinion to share? experiences?
cheers
Doug Dotson

Get a KISS. Twice the output of an Aerogen.

Doug
s/v Callista

"prodigal1" wrote in message
.rogers.com...
anyone using one of these?
got an opinion to share? experiences?
cheers

Stephen Denham

I've used an Aqua4Gen for the past 6 years - including an Atlantic crossing.
Never had any problems and it generates about 2 - 4 amps at between 4 and 6
knots.

Stephen.

"prodigal1" wrote in message
.rogers.com...
anyone using one of these?
got an opinion to share? experiences?
cheers

prodigal1

Stephen Denham wrote:
I've used an Aqua4Gen for the past 6 years - including an Atlantic crossing.
Never had any problems and it generates about 2 - 4 amps at between 4 and 6
knots.

These sound like real world speeds for the conditions I experience on
Lake Huron and the North Channel in the Great Lakes. It's coastal
cruising, but most daily passages are in the 10-12 hr range which I
think would be more than enough time to keep the batteries up and ready.
Do you use the Aerogen conversion for it when you're at anchor? How
is it for noise/vibration if you do?
Thanks in advance