Ed Edelenbos

Default Resin Injection into soft wood

"Roger Derby" wrote in message
ink.net...
Bah! Amateur built boats are just like amateur built aircraft. They are
NOT the most economical way to go sailing (flying). They are built
because we enjoy the building process and want to do it our way.

Roger

http://home.earthlink.net/~derbyrm

bing bing bing bing..... give that man a cigar.

I guess we should add that some people feel obligated to try to get others
to build the same way as them. One of the benefits of communicating with
others with similar interests is the interaction and potential learning.
One of the downfalls is blowhards who think they know the only way.

Ed

Pete C

On Sun, 9 Oct 2005 08:28:53 -0400, "Ed Edelenbos"
wrote:

Hmmm.... I guess it must be different for working people. I've known
several boat yard operators and pile drivers who use this method (for their
own boats). Actually, the most common way is to use regular epoxy resin and
thin it with acetone to the right consistency. I know of a couple rib
repairs that are about 25 years old and still in place.

What kind of boats are these and where are they used?

The usual quick way to fix a broken rib is to 'sister' it.

cheers,
Pete.
Ed Edelenbos

wrote:

Hmmm.... I guess it must be different for working people. I've known
several boat yard operators and pile drivers who use this method (for
their
own boats). Actually, the most common way is to use regular epoxy resin
and
thin it with acetone to the right consistency. I know of a couple rib
repairs that are about 25 years old and still in place.

What kind of boats are these and where are they used?

The usual quick way to fix a broken rib is to 'sister' it.

cheers,
Pete.

Chesapeake Bay (and tributaries)... workboats in general though some are
pleasure craft. They are small areas. They aren't whole ribs. If you find
the rot and kill it this is an effective repair.

Ed