Default Mercury outboard products are defective!!!!

The boat contains a Mercury 250, serial number
The boat and boat engine has been meticulously maintained,
and has extremely low hours, under 60.

During the life span of the boat, the initial power head
failed, which was replaced and covered by warranty.

Immediately after warranty expired, the lower gears broke.
I was quite upset, however, paid to have the lower unit
replaced. One year later the second power head failed, the
drive shaft broke.

These major failures is beyond coincidence, and is reflective
of a faulty product. Especially one that has been
well maintained and has low usage. In a limited search for similar
boats with similar engines I came across, three different instances
where the 250 engine had a major failure and had to be replaced.

Same boat, same engine, similar failure, again this is beyond
coincidence and is indicative of systemic design and manufacturing
issues with this engine.

I called Mercury support center to obtain information on 250 failures
and how we could work together to resolve this issue. I was confronted
with hostile behavior and unwillingness to work together. I am
extremely
disappointed in the quality of the product and the quality
of support.

Mercury will not return email, even their highest level exec admitted
to Mercury having issues with product quality, though they will not
take resonsiblity. They make millions by tricking people.

Mercury should notify the public this engine is subjecting them to
undue
risk. Mercury should be liable if someone is hurt as a result of using
products they know do not work as advertised.

Mercury outboard products are defective!!!! [email protected] General 12 February 16th 05 05:48 PM
Mercury outboard products are defective!!!! [email protected] Boat Building 0 February 11th 05 09:29 PM
Mercury 1, Yamaha 0 Gould 0738 General 8 October 21st 04 03:35 AM
Mercury outboard carburetors Rod McInnis General 5 March 6th 04 04:00 AM
FS: 2004 MERCURY 25 HP OUTBOARD in MA cohenandy Marketplace 0 March 1st 04 02:13 PM