KS KS is offline

Default Tach hookup evinrude

I have a 1983 Evinrude 115 HP that I want to hook a tach to. I've googled
this and I find conflicting information. Most articles I read say the grey
wire is the tach hook up, but I also read that I want the grey wire off the
rectifier. Well.... I have a yellow, yellow/grey and red coming of the
rectifier and then I also have a grey at the terminal block it all hooks to.
see picture of terminal block below.
http://home.comcast.net/~kevinds/evinrudesmall.JPG

Also is does this engine use 6 pole tach?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Kevin

Member

"KS" wrote in message
. ..
I have a 1983 Evinrude 115 HP that I want to hook a tach to. I've googled
this and I find conflicting information. Most articles I read say the grey
wire is the tach hook up, but I also read that I want the grey wire off the
rectifier. Well.... I have a yellow, yellow/grey and red coming of the
rectifier and then I also have a grey at the terminal block it all hooks
to. see picture of terminal block below.
http://home.comcast.net/~kevinds/evinrudesmall.JPG

Also is does this engine use 6 pole tach?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Kevin

The grey tach signal wire should be attached to the yellow/grey rectifier
teminal. For your 115, set the tach switch to 6-pole.

Bill Grannis
service manager

Tach not working... Joey916 General 4 August 5th 06 02:22 AM
100th Anniversary of Outboard Don White General 6 July 16th 05 03:28 AM
1976 115HP Johnson OB Tach Installation roadhouse1301 Electronics 0 July 1st 05 05:27 AM
Motor runs rough with tach wire hooked up Ed Barchetta General 22 February 20th 04 01:43 AM
Evinrude tach problems Eric H General 1 August 26th 03 08:19 PM